Lower Faraday road | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lower Faraday road

FJRrider

Site Supporter
On Friday I am heading up to Coe Hill area and see on the map this lower Faraday road. Anyone here been on that road and if so what is the road condition. If good I will link that up to 118 over into Tory Hill area :)

The last time I was on it was about a year ago. It's a nice ride and definitely one of the lesser used roads. If I recall, it was clean and not too bumpy, pretty curvy in some spots with no major sand, potholes or frost heaves to worry about. I don't know how the last winter may have affected it though.

Ok thanks for the heads up guys. I have tomorrow off work and I am leaving Trenton in the morning doing a 300 km trip minimum could be much more. If anyone is interested in a days ride?

Heading that way this weekend.. Any news would be great

Lower Faraday road is nothing to get excited about. I find the road narrow and trees far to close. The road had dirty places and with no lines painted. I didn't get that good feeling from the road so I maintained 60 to 80kms speed :( So at best to me I would use this road only to link me to the good stuff.
Now 46 from havelock to 620 to coe hill is in good shape.
118 to 648 loop road great shape
118 into haliburton excellent.
Turned around in haliburton and came down buckhorn rd 3....love this road
507.. go around patched potholes at top end then smooth sailing after that.

Last edited:
In the same area, I've seen a few comments online about the Dyno Road, about 5 miles north of the Apsley turn-off. I saw a few bears up that way when I was a kid and the township dump was located there.

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/tsc-and-subaru-discussion/154317-dyno-road.html

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...45.13943,-77.76123&spn=0.754609,2.113495&z=10

https://youtu.be/V7UwB2aVmj0

That's peterson road and is always a blast, I havn't done that yet this year but did many times last year.
When I drove past the turn to do it in opposite direction today I think I had a tear in the eye lol.

Edit I re looked and I have not taken dyno road (48) ..I feel another ride coming on.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I love riding in that area but have never been on faraday road, will have to try it next time I'm there.

Just to the east of the area, I see a Weslemkoon Lake Rd and Egan Creek Rd, does anyone know if those roads are paved? I mean these roads: https://goo.gl/maps/YwM8K

Last edited:
Have not been on those 2 roads in 20 years, Weselemkoon Rd was a gravel Rd and Egan Creek Rd was a dirt road then.

However, Weselemkoon looks like it is paved from Street view looking from 62. Would be worth checking it out. Weslemkoon Rd ends at the lake but if they were surfaced that would be one of the best looks around.

Shane may have checked these roads out already.

Lower Faraday road is nothing to get excited about. I find the road narrow and trees far to close. The road had dirty places and with no lines painted. I didn't get that good feeling from the road so I maintained 60 to 80kms speed :( So at best to me I would use this road only to link me to the good stuff.
Now 46 from havelock to 620 to coe hill is in good shape.
118 to 648 loop road great shape
118 into haliburton excellent.
Turned around in haliburton and came down buckhorn rd 3....love this road
507.. go around patched potholes at top end then smooth sailing after that.

We rode it on Saturday. I found it better than I expected. Not too bumpy, yeah narrow, but stayed on the right and kept a good speed .

Have not been on those 2 roads in 20 years, Weselemkoon Rd was a gravel Rd and Egan Creek Rd was a dirt road then.

However, Weselemkoon looks like it is paved from Street view looking from 62. Would be worth checking it out. Weslemkoon Rd ends at the lake but if they were surfaced that would be one of the best looks around.

Shane may have checked these roads out already.
I went down Weslemkoon Lake Rd today. It's paved all the way to Weslemkoon Lake, about 30 kms. But once you get there there's nowhere to go except turn around and go back to Hwy 62. As for Egan Creek Rd it was dirt so I didn't go on it.

Back
Top Bottom