Making a trip to Edmonton Alberta on an SS, tips? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Making a trip to Edmonton Alberta on an SS, tips?

If its a life goal, fill your boots. But you can make better choices IMHO.

I'll be in Edmonton for a day again on the 23rd and Ft Mac for dinner , 4hrs for $549.00 , Air Canada makes this trip bearable.

If you've never seen the Canadian praires then go, you should..........once.......

Did the trip in a car few years ago and it was a blast. Will be doing it mid-July on my bike from Toronto to Vancouver. Plan is to ride to Edmonton area in 4 days then play in the Rockies for 4 then head down to Victoria. I'll be on my SS also, should be a fun trip. Some parts are long and boring, but it's all what you make it out to be. Kick it with the book and instrospect or try to hold the longest wheelie, all up to you within reason. I found Winnipeg to Edmonton via Saskatoon (TC16) a little more bearable and scenic than through TC1 (Regina).

IMO leathers would be fine if you like your leathers.

No idea why you would bother bringing a bike cover with you.

If I can pack two luggage bags on my 125 you can fit some rain gear on your bike.

im a fan of tank and tail bags over backpacks, i also run a camelback in my tank bag..
get a small spare fuel bottle you can carry with you in one of your bags, ill be getting a camp fuel bottle from SAIL, i figure it can hold standard gas.
good seat is key, ive got a corbin but if i were to buy again ide get a saddleman or at least try one, dont get me wrong i love my corbin!
throttle rocker, you may like it you may hate it.... i hate it but im going to dremil it down as small as i can and see if that makes is usable for me.

one thing im bringing on my roadtrips is a small pack of baby wipes. clean your hands, face whatever quick and easy.

as for riding gear, leather jacket and kevlar jeans, TCX waterproof riding shoes and a frog toggs rain suit. im going to try and get a 2 piece race suit before my trip but i doubt i will.

Back
Top Bottom