Near-miss in Connecticut | GTAMotorcycle.com

Near-miss in Connecticut

Lol... "I didn't do anything wrong right?"

How about staying in your lane!

I think he swerved out in reaction to what was going on behind him. If you watch to the end there is a rear view camera with more action.

Watch the whole video. That was 100% grey van's fault (rear camera catches it)

oh!, my bad, I didnt watch the *whole* video.. I'll watch it again..

thanks.

Aside from cutting onto the highway across the double solids, passing a motorcycle in it's lane, having trouble staying within a lane, and being distracted on the phone.

Just because you weren't the immediate cause of an accident, doesn't mean that you can't learn and improve your riding.

wow! That was a close call. Good on the rider for sharing the lane with the car! Otherwise he would've been in a terrible situation.

STUPID ****ing Honda DOESNT CHECK the blind spots and when he makes the turn sees the white van and decides to bail out in the bikes lane... stupid ****er

Just Tuesday I was almost taken out 2x by two different drivers. They have no patience & wanted to merge into my lane

At first I was ticked he passed another bike in their lane, but turns out it's his buddy he was talking with. So that's ok. Then I thought he was being an idiot passing the black car in it's lane. When you see the rear view all is explained. The grey Honda wasn't paying attention, swerved to miss the bikes and the red car hit the Honda. Honda driver's fault.

Aside from cutting onto the highway across the double solids, passing a motorcycle in it's lane, having trouble staying within a lane, and being distracted on the phone.

Just because you weren't the immediate cause of an accident, doesn't mean that you can't learn and improve your riding.

• He checked his blindspot. Who gives a ****. Unless you always follow every single rule
  • That was his friend, looks like he was leading the ride post merging. Again point 1
  • Watch the whole video, he would have gotten rear ended if he stayed in his lane
  • Didn't see any distraction from phone; he used the remote to shut off the gopro once safely parked

Also as soon as he gets on the road in the begining of the video, he passes another rider in his lane. That shi$ would really piss me off!

it's his friend but still a risky move

Even when its a friend, unless he radioed him and said hey im passing you in your lane dont move, its risky as you said.

Thats something i really cant stand for when people pass you in your own lane thinking theyre some kinda hero while putting yours and their lives at risk.

Lots of stupid things going on here. White van comes racing up on the right. Red car tailgating him blind.

Honda probably looked to get into the right lane, looked back went "oof",
and then moved right to avoid the bikes.

At first I was ticked he passed another bike in their lane, but turns out it's his buddy he was talking with. So that's ok. Then I thought he was being an idiot passing the black car in it's lane. When you see the rear view all is explained. The grey Honda wasn't paying attention, swerved to miss the bikes and the red car hit the Honda. Honda driver's fault.

油井緋色;2318679 said:
  • He checked his blindspot. Who gives a ****. Unless you always follow every single rule
  • That was his friend, looks like he was leading the ride post merging. Again point 1
  • Watch the whole video, he would have gotten rear ended if he stayed in his lane
  • Didn't see any distraction from phone; he used the remote to shut off the gopro once safely parked

My brother-in-law passed me in my own lane the very last time he rode with me.
That was over five years ago.

If he'd been in the right lane, then he might have been clear of the whole mess when it happened.
The first thing he did was rush across double lines, and across the middle lane, into the passing lane.

Distraction was from all of the chit-chat.
Otherwise, he wouldn't have had to ask his friend if he did something wrong.

Lots of people driving through there at high speed, not paying attention to the traffic ahead of them, or informing the traffic behind of the situation.

It looks like that is a choke point on that highway, where everyone races to be the first through.

I may be wrong, but was assuming the red bike was expecting him. So didn't have a problem with it after viewing the vid a few times. His buddy was asking where he was at the beginning of the vid and he replied behind the white van. When I ride with ppl I know and have ridden with a lot, we block pass for each other when changing lanes and leap frog. First rider changes lanes and blocks, but is over at the further wheel track to let the following rider get into the lane and move ahead in the open wheel track. BUT we are expecting each other.

Back
Top Bottom