Red Light Runner hits Motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Red Light Runner hits Motorcycle

Thats why you wear gear. But FML idk how old this is but ****

I wear ATGATT, but gear won't really help you much from a direct impact from a red light runner like that.

Even in a car, you can always say, "That's why you drive a Hummer - it provides more protection when getting t-boned from a full on red light runner".

Last edited:
Biggest lesson to be taken from this is to be more diligent when going through stale green lights.

Did any witnesses come forward? Or did they all leave and then post on youtube?

Biggest lesson to be taken from this is to be more diligent when going through stale green lights.

Sorry, "stale green lights"?

Sorry, "stale green lights"?

LOL. True.

I'd like to simply suggest that the motorcyclist could have been going slower.. at least on approach of the intersection.. It actually might have saved him in this particular situation, because it appears the car was stopped, and then proceeded before green.

Last edited:
During my M test, i let go of the throttle (didnt brake) while crossing a green light. The dude gave me point for not keeping my speed up. My argument was that you can never trust that because the light is green, there is a guarantee that no ones gonna pass but he was adamant that you should not be worried and just ride.
I didnt even brake!

'Stale green' - has been green for a while, no traffic going through. I see it actually turned yellow just as the rider crossed the line. Crossing traffic won't see any traffic and may miss their red signal. I'd bet that happened in this case. Usually on a fresh/active green with cars going through, the cross traffic sees the motion and figuresout that they have a red and that if they don't stop, they'll wreck.

Assuming the lights were functioning properly, since the rider had the green/yellow, then under fault determination rules, the car was at fault. By being a little more dilligent at the stale green and watching for inadvertent cross traffic (looks like visibility was hampered by the hedge...) then the rider may have prevented the grevious bodily harm to himself, regardless of the fault.

They usually cover 'stale greens' in the M1 course? I did that a long time ago though...

There are quite a few drivers that enter the intersection against a red light in anticipation for a green. They see cross-traffic is now facing a yellow, and those familiar with the intersection know it's just a matter of seconds before they see a green.

I've actually seen this exact scenario play out in Brampton near Trinity Commons. Driver accelerates to run the yellow, another driver jumps the red in anticipation for the green; both collide, air bags deployed, the one running the yellow is flipped on it's back.

HTA S144(18 ) Red light — proceed before green $325 + 3pts: http://www.ontariocourts.ca/ocj/how-do-i/set-fines/set-fines-i/schedule-43/

During my M test, i let go of the throttle (didnt brake) while crossing a green light. The dude gave me point for not keeping my speed up. My argument was that you can never trust that because the light is green, there is a guarantee that no ones gonna pass but he was adamant that you should not be worried and just ride.
I didnt even brake!

Likely (given you were doing the M test) you were going AT the speed limit, and slowed to a point below it. With this I can see the instructor's point. If we normally go between 10-15kph above the limit, slowing to the limit at intersections is more reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom