Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain

You also have to understand that many cops also have the "Me first!" mentality - but the difference is they can make your day a very bad day.

They're no different than people on their cell phone while driving... Wait a sec, nevermind, they're professionally trained to use their equipment and phones while driving.. :rolleyes:

with the amount of the general public on their phones, you'd think they are too?

Not so easy to do on real twisty road with a double yellow line...unless you have a death wish!

Or you're competent?

Again, a lot of the people on here who judge cruiser riders but can't ride their sportbike out of a wet paper bag is a little annoying.

A "train" is just a lot of bikes in a row...you can pass them individually, and if you can't pass an HD on a twisty road you can't ride for ****.

Or you're competent?

Again, a lot of the people on here who judge cruiser riders but can't ride their sportbike out of a wet paper bag is a little annoying.

A "train" is just a lot of bikes in a row...you can pass them individually, and if you can't pass an HD on a twisty road you can't ride for ****.
First, I don't ride a sportbike
Second, I'm not saying it cant be done but passing in the opposite lane around blind corners is just asking for it and passing in the same lane is a dick move.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I passed a bunch of newbie SS riders on my way down to Niagara. LOL, look on their faces was priceless. Knees sticking out at every.single.curve. in the road... the bike didn't lean more than 2 degrees.

Cringeeeeeeeee

I was stuck behind a group that would slow to a crawl in the corners but speed up significantly in the straights. Hard to pass because you don't want to pass them in a blind corner, and if the road is fairly twisty and the straight sections are short and often have oncoming traffic, there is no time to pass in the straights. It's almost as if they intentionally try to keep you from passing. I ended up just pulling over and taking a 15 min break, which is what I suggest is the best course of action if you get stuck behind a slow moving harley train.

I passed a bunch of newbie SS riders on my way down to Niagara. LOL, look on their faces was priceless. Knees sticking out at every.single.curve. in the road... the bike didn't lean more than 2 degrees.
Don't make fun, everyone was a newbie at some point. It's smarter for them to ride slow until they gain the experience than ride out of their limit and crash.

I always pull over and wait. I dislike passing more than a few HD's in one shot; it usually puts me into HTA 172 speed.

First, I don't ride a sportbike
Second, I'm not saying it cant be done but passing in the opposite lane around blind corners is just asking for it and passing in the same lane is a dick move.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Ok, agreed.

But blocking a road going slow and not pulling off for faster vehicles is more "dick" than passing in the same lane (or passing around corners that aren't blind).

Don't make fun, everyone was a newbie at some point. It's smarter for them to ride slow until they gain the experience than ride out of their limit and crash.
100%

My point was in jest at SS riders complaining about Harley trains holding them up.

I hate anyone and everyone who drives 100 or lower in the fast lane, or lower than the speed limit. That's covers cars and bikes of any kind, single or in a group.

Courtesy isn't so common unfortunately.

Ok, agreed.

But blocking a road going slow and not pulling off for faster vehicles is more "dick" than passing in the same lane (or passing around corners that aren't blind).

It is definitely a dick move on part of those Harley riders, it ****** me off so bad I made this thread. When riding in the states, slow cars will always allow you to pass or use a pull off zone on twisty roads to let you get by but Harley riders not so much. I just dont get that mentality.

3da46a24b450b694173325f850f88820.jpg

Not so easy to do on real twisty road with a double yellow line...unless you have a death wish!

Judging by the way that many sportbikers gravitate to and ride on the twisties, one shouldn't be surprised that many would think they have a death wish. Too many in fact get their wish too.

Judging by the way that many sportbikers gravitate to and ride on the twisties, one shouldn't be surprised that many would think they have a death wish. Too many in fact get their wish too.
Yet the highest percentage of fatalities here last year was 45 and over male cruiser riders. Weird how that works eh?

Getting stuck behind any train sucks. The amount of idiots the pulled out in front of me in the middle lane alone on the very short stretch of the 402 yesterday was disturbing. 3 out of 7 of them were on phones.

Yet the highest percentage of fatalities here last year was 45 and over male cruiser riders. Weird how that works eh?

Getting stuck behind any train sucks. The amount of idiots the pulled out in front of me in the middle lane alone on the very short stretch of the 402 yesterday was disturbing. 3 out of 7 of them were on phones.

Meaningless until you look at the proportion of older riders vs younger riders, riders in each age group on what kind of bikes, and at-fault vs not at-fault on each.

Then there is the well-known fact that younger bodies are more resilient to injury and better able to recover from injury than are older bodies.

Never been stuck behind a Harley train.
They've all been over in the right lane.

Been stuck behind dozens of SS (Super Slow?) trains over the years.
They seem to naturally gravitate towards the passing lane,
Were they told that it's for passing time while on the highway?
The problem is that the ones slowing everything down at the front,
don't feel the pressure from the traffic behind.
Whereas the ones at the back get freaked out.
But they don't have any communication with the front of the train.

The ones that are traveling well above the speed limit, you never see.
That goes for any type of train.

Citation please. :D

I was stuck behind a group that would slow to a crawl in the corners but speed up significantly in the straights. Hard to pass because you don't want to pass them in a blind corner, and if the road is fairly twisty and the straight sections are short and often have oncoming traffic, there is no time to pass in the straights. It's almost as if they intentionally try to keep you from passing. I ended up just pulling over and taking a 15 min break, which is what I suggest is the best course of action if you get stuck behind a slow moving harley train.

Best course of action . Been there many time being motorhomes.

Back
Top Bottom