Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain

I still have the base of one in my garage. No discs or cone.

I ride a cruiser, and usually stick to the speed limit or slightly over. If there's a bike coming up behind me, I move to the right and let them pass. When riding with a group, we'll usually pass the word up by comms to make room for safe passing. Would never endanger myself or cause another rider to risk injury.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

When in the southern or western US I've had the harley parade move over in their lane and wave me through. I think it's depends on the area. I've had this happen multiple times when in the mountains.

But the absolute worst train/parade I've come across was a pack of Can-am spyders. Ridiculous bad riding. All over the road even on the straights. Spaced out, making it hard to pass. And due to their poor riding I didn't want to get in between. Count yourself lucky if you haven't come across the spyder parade.

Most Spyder sales are to people who never rode bikes before. They find them less intimidating.
I was surprised to see how many they sold.

Supertrap

Maybe it was Supertramp.

41MDST2M01L.jpg

Most Spyder sales are to people who never rode bikes before. They find them less intimidating.
I was surprised to see how many they sold.

Spyder is on my want list of bikes. Mostly, my wife would feel more comfortable letting me take my kids around. Downside: By the time I can afford one, they will have their own bikes.

Spyder is on my want list of bikes. Mostly, my wife would feel more comfortable letting me take my kids around. Downside: By the time I can afford one, they will have their own bikes.

How about a Side Car ??

Sidecar, Spyder, motorcycles, death traps the lot of them. Not supertraps, death traps.

How about a Side Car ??

Strangely, I would feel more comfortable with my kid in direct contact with me. Sort of like how I sit beside him on a rollercoaster and hold his hand. Come to think of it, that's probably more to calm my fears.

Strangely, I would feel more comfortable with my kid in direct contact with me. Sort of like how I sit beside him on a rollercoaster and hold his hand. Come to think of it, that's probably more to calm my fears.
Lol.. I know what you mean.. I hate the "look daddy there's a big spider..."

I was waiting for that but in my defence, it's been 20 years since I've seen one.

Of course it's silly to jump on you for that, I just thought it was funny. Been there done that myself. :)

I got suck behind a group of 20+ bikes yesterday on #632 in Muskoka. I did my best to pass them safely but I guess I must have upset one of them as he kept racing up behind me as if to say "what do you think you are doing trying to pass us"! It was very frustrating. It was a mixed group Harley's, crusiers and sport tourers.

I got suck behind a group of 20+ bikes yesterday on #632 in Muskoka. I did my best to pass them safely but I guess I must have upset one of them as he kept racing up behind me as if to say "what do you think you are doing trying to pass us"! It was very frustrating. It was a mixed group Harley's, crusiers and sport tourers.

20 is a big group. Almost worth just taking a 10min water break to let them get away. Then hoping you dont catch up to them afterwards.

I was stuck behind 7 or 8 bikes on the 511 yesterday. Friend I was riding with managed to pass them and a car on a long straight with solid lines. I eventually just slowed way down on the straights where they were doing well over the limit and then caught them back up on the corners. That road seems to go on forever though. :D Eventually, my friend pulled over at the next gas station and we started our way back. I'm not sure what the people with small tanks are going to do around here with the shortage of gas stations on the nice roads.

I bet the great white beard was just a flappin'! It's been a while, but when I have to pass a vest flair patch collecting event, I try to pass all 50 or 100 at once, and be done with it. Way less butt hurt hard feelings that way.

I bet the great white beard was just a flappin'! It's been a while, but when I have to pass a vest flair patch collecting event, I try to pass all 50 or 100 at once, and be done with it. Way less butt hurt hard feelings that way.
Where's the "like" button!

I rode this for the first time y'day. Impressed.

Luckily I missed any convoys.

Went out yesterday with my buddy(vfr 800) and his wife(cbr 250), we were taking it easy, shaking out the cobwebs so to speak.

Came up on a group of mixed cruisers, Harley/Victory/ Honda/Suzuki, about 15-17 of them. The two at the back had what looked like car tires mounted. I didn't recognize the patch on their backs.

Anyway, 10-15km under the speed limit, very freaking annoying. I had enough after about 15 mins and passed them. My buddy and his wife followed my lead.

To each their own, but I just don't get it

Went out yesterday with my buddy(vfr 800) and his wife(cbr 250), we were taking it easy, shaking out the cobwebs so to speak.

Came up on a group of mixed cruisers, Harley/Victory/ Honda/Suzuki, about 15-17 of them. The two at the back had what looked like car tires mounted. I didn't recognize the patch on their backs.

Anyway, 10-15km under the speed limit, very freaking annoying. I had enough after about 15 mins and passed them. My buddy and his wife followed my lead.

To each their own, but I just don't get it

Was this the patch you saw?

attachment.php

Attachments

• o.jpg
    o.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 269

Back
Top Bottom