Poll: R3 vs Ninja 300 vs CBR300 track bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Poll: R3 vs Ninja 300 vs CBR300 track bike

Which would you pick as a dedicated track bike?

• R3

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Ninja 300

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • CBR300

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
I'd say r3 if all the parts etc were available already but for now 'd go with the ninja. I've tracked it and it's fun with upgraded springs and shock. I personally enjoy tracking the little bikes more than the 600s.

There are a couple reasons I did not conside the KTM. Price is a quite a bit higher. "Ready to Race" probably means more maintenance? Possible reliability issues compared to the big 4? I think this bike will be a bigger target for theft. The higher seat height is an issue due to possibly lowering the bike later on for the wife to ride. I haven't eliminated these other bikes or even the 600's as of yet but I am still leaning towards Ninja 300 or R3 right now, hoping for more info from all you guys that may change my mind. You guys have been a lot of help btw, thank you.

If you have you mind set then fine but your going to buy a brand new bike and your first point is price. go buy used then. The second point of reliability is not grounded in reality. the one that newman is talking about is a cup bike and very different from a road bike. third no matter what you buy you better have it in a garage with an alarm and chain or it WILL likely be stolen. they dont care what brand is on the side of it. Lastly if you are going to have a dedicated track bike. dont mess with the seat height so your wife can ride it. she can ride it as is. guaranteed. Shannon Mckay rides an r6 and deals with the seat height and she is under 5 feet tall. DONT mess with the geometry of a track bike unless you are trying to improve handling.

Thats the last of my 2 cents. you havent listened to this point though so I assume you will still ignore this too

If you have you mind set then fine but your going to buy a brand new bike and your first point is price. go buy used then. The second point of reliability is not grounded in reality. the one that newman is talking about is a cup bike and very different from a road bike. third no matter what you buy you better have it in a garage with an alarm and chain or it WILL likely be stolen. they dont care what brand is on the side of it. Lastly if you are going to have a dedicated track bike. dont mess with the seat height so your wife can ride it. she can ride it as is. guaranteed. Shannon Mckay rides an r6 and deals with the seat height and she is under 5 feet tall. DONT mess with the geometry of a track bike unless you are trying to improve handling.

Thats the last of my 2 cents. you havent listened to this point though so I assume you will still ignore this too

I haven't "ignored" your advice as I have now done a little more research on the RC390 than before. My point is not really about price, it's more about value. Whether the RC390 is worth the extra money or not. I don't know about KTM reliability personally, I just read they are high maintenance. I won't mess with the seat height while I'm still riding it, the option of passing on the bike to my wife later on would only happen if I ended up getting a 600 later on. However this probably won't happen if I end up putting a lot of money into the bike itself so maybe I should scrap that idea. I do appreciate your opinion and I am not set on anything yet until I actually make the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom