Poll: R3 vs Ninja 300 vs CBR300 track bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Poll: R3 vs Ninja 300 vs CBR300 track bike

Which would you pick as a dedicated track bike?

• R3

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Ninja 300

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • CBR300

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Based on what?

Out of those 3 I would go Ninja because it'll be eligible for CSBK and will have a race kit available.
Based on everything you can think of. Good point with CSBK and the race kit, I am nowhere near that level but it may help others.

where does one vote for the sv650? a used, prepped, track and race ready sv650 could be had for half the price of a new 300.

That would be on the next poll that also included track ready CBR250's and SV650's that someone creates.

sometimes it is good to have an open mind, you can run in a lot more classes with an sv650 = way more track time = more fun!

What about the KTM 390. its better then all three of those as a track bike.

Those probably are good choices too, but they are not what I am considering buying at the moment. I am leaning towards the Ninja 300 as of right now with the R3 at a very close 2nd. It takes me a while to decide, lots of research involved. :p

There's a YouTube vid where they test ride the KTM 390 CBR 300 R3 NINJA 300 on the track and on the street. Track; ktm r3 ninja cbr
Street; cbr r3 ktm ninja

Those probably are good choices too, but they are not what I am considering buying at the moment. I am leaning towards the Ninja 300 as of right now with the R3 at a very close 2nd. It takes me a while to decide, lots of research involved. :p

Then research the KTM. It is the best bike for the track and you specified a dedicated track bike

What about the KTM 390. its better then all three of those as a track bike.

There are a couple reasons I did not conside the KTM. Price is a quite a bit higher. "Ready to Race" probably means more maintenance? Possible reliability issues compared to the big 4? I think this bike will be a bigger target for theft. The higher seat height is an issue due to possibly lowering the bike later on for the wife to ride. I haven't eliminated these other bikes or even the 600's as of yet but I am still leaning towards Ninja 300 or R3 right now, hoping for more info from all you guys that may change my mind. You guys have been a lot of help btw, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom