San Diego CA | GTAMotorcycle.com

San Diego CA

ifiddles

we're going to be driving down to San Diego CA in August (8-21) with a Santa Fe and 6x10 cargo trailer...google maps gives me three routes, one of which is through CO and takes us into Vegas...haven't been there either so we're planning on stopping for a day to check it out...any hints of any other places to stop along the way?...we're taking the lower states back and stopping at the Grand Canyon as we're making a stop in KY at fiancé's sister's house...planning on calling CAA for one of their trip kits but if anyone has been out there and can offer places that are a must to see, it would be greatly appreciated...ciao!

p.s..not taking the bikes as we're bringing furniture down for fiancé's son who is in the marines, just got married and has a baby due in September so if you know of a place to rent bikes that would be awesome too

Hey spent the winter down there. I'll assume that you are going to Oceanside which abuts Camp Pendelton, pretty nice, there are many bike rental options, mostly Harley or BMW oriented but anything would be great. You can not possible imagine how great the riding, roads etc. are. You will question why you live in Ontario. Anyway I would try and avoid Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, all these states are primarily flat and extremely boring driving, however maybe more fuel efficient than the more mountainous ones. They are also pretty quickly crossed, in many of these states they have at the least a 75 MPH speed limit, so you can motor. The Grand Canyon is truly spectacular, and extremely popular, more tourists than you would have thought possible. Utah on the other hand, beautiful, with a lot less people. Also expect it to be warmer than you possibly could imagine, all these southwestern states are primarily a great big desert, and they can be unbelievable hot, especially in August. But in the bigger picture, it's a great adventure, if you have the time and love music hit up Pappy and Harriet's in Pioneertown California, great bar, great music, truly in the middle of "nowhere". Also Alpine Texas is very cool, but way off the route to anywhere really. Good luck.

camp Pendleton is exactly where he's currently stationed! thanks for all the tips...I did google bike rental places and found lots, was hoping someone here had experience with any of them for feedback... I already asked my insurance and I can rent one down there and still be covered whoo hoo!!!

Back
Top Bottom