LED Strip Lights from Local Shop Suggestions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

LED Strip Lights from Local Shop Suggestions?

bskin

Looking to do a DIY mod on the motorcycle. I'm in need for the brightest LED strips that the Greater Toronto Area has to offer. Colours: Amber/Yellow and Red.

Preferably from a shop where I can drive out and test the LEDs for their brightness level before deciding if I'll buy them.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried Active Surplus on Steeles/Pine Valley but their LEDs were not very bright.

Surprise!!!!....Walmart. In the auto section they have all sorts of LED strips..long, short, square, spot, red, blue, yellow, white...all with test buttons on them!!!

Have fun.

Looking to do a DIY mod on the motorcycle. I'm in need for the brightest LED strips that the Greater Toronto Area has to offer. Colours: Amber/Yellow and Red.

Preferably from a shop where I can drive out and test the LEDs for their brightness level before deciding if I'll buy them.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried Active Surplus on Steeles/Pine Valley but their LEDs were not very bright.

Did you check the place across the street from Active? Huge sign in LED.

Sorry to thread hijack, but it's somewhat related and I didn't think it was worth bothering everyone here with it's own individual thread. Anyway, I've wired up a few Sylvania ZEVO LED strips (http://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-34973-Interior-Strip-Extension/dp/B00I93BOVO), accomplished by plugging in their 12v power adapter into a 12v power outlet I have wired to my battery, and I've recently started having an issue with the remote control unit not being recognized by the IR receiver. I can fix the issue by unplugging the 12v adapter and then plugging it back in, and then the remote control receiver will work as long as the bike stays warm, but then the next time (usually next evening) I try the issue returns. I have the outlet/adapter stored under my rearseat, so it's a bit of an annoyance to have to do that. Anyone have any idea why this has become an issue and what might fix the problem? I've already replaced the battery in the remote. Thanks.

Last edited:
Also, sorry for the wall of text, but for some reason the forum completely disabled use of my Enter key. WTF is up with that? :confused:

Anyone have any idea why this has become an issue and what might fix the problem? I've already replaced the battery in the remote. Thanks.
Your bike has enough reserve output from its 340W alternator to drive the LED array so maybe the problem is that the electricity is noisy, confusing the IR receiver in the LED controller. Do you have an o'scope to take a look at what's being delivered to the unit? Maybe adding a large electrolytic capacitor across the input might clean up any power noise.

There is a great big place on Dixie just south of 401 that sells every LED part you can think of. Corner of Matheson and Dixie.

Your bike has enough reserve output from its 340W alternator to drive the LED array so maybe the problem is that the electricity is noisy, confusing the IR receiver in the LED controller. Do you have an o'scope to take a look at what's being delivered to the unit? Maybe adding a large electrolytic capacitor across the input might clean up any power noise.
Thanks for the very knowledgeable response. Unfortunately, no, I don't have an oscilloscope, just a multimeter, and your suggestion sounds a bit more involved than what I'm willing to put in the effort for... but I don't want to sound ungrateful for your response, so again, thanks

Back
Top Bottom