Ontario to remove the right to fight tickets? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario to remove the right to fight tickets?

Bend over and take it In the ass boys..

I been barking "police state" for what 3 years on this forum? Only to get written of as a conspiracy theorist. I remember I got chewed on the hov discussion when I urged everyone to break the law.

Our road our highway we paid for it.. We Drive it. What happens when they tell you we are making 2 , 3, 4 hov lanes? We will be forced share cars and everyone will say ok .. It's not even a safety issue so how can they pass an hov law?

Pay for the Panam games with my tax money now I gotta ride 2 lanes in from Durham and lose my time and money...

Don't vote in the next poll all of these ass wipes are the same.. We need to start a referendum system and let public vote on everything... I don't want anymore decisions made on my behalf by some politician with $ motives... I don't care it it cost billions to set up the referendum voting system .. I rather my money goes there then to some government worker doing no job. Let the people decide what they want...

I am Gona start a political party called the referendum party.. Let the people vote and have 100% spending transparency.. So on so forth..

How do you start a political party anyway? You register it? :)

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Yeah, the people of Ontario are rising up en masse and storming Queens Park in angry protest.

I feel like most of Ontario still doesn't understand how wide-ranging the "stunt driving" charge can be. If they did, maybe there would be more complaining

I feel like most of Ontario still doesn't understand how wide-ranging the "stunt driving" charge can be. If they did, maybe there would be more complaining

Clearly it is not as wide-ranging as the alarmists would have you believe. Most Ontario drivers probably believe that their driving will never be so extreme as to cause them to be targeted by "stunt driving" laws, and they would be right.

There is somewhere between 9.5 to 10 million licensed drivers in the province. A Sept 2014 news article http://www.intelligencer.ca/2014/09/09/stunt-driving-charge-dismissal-appealed says that 24,000 stunt driving charges have been laid between the law's 2007 implementation and the Sept 2014 date of the article.

If you take out the 8,500 charges laid in the first year of the law when people were still adjusting to it, that leaves 15,500 charges from 2008 to 2014, maybe 2,600 charges laid per year against that pool of 9.5 to 10 million drivers.

Do the math. Clearly that law is not so wide ranging that many are being caught by it. Only the most extreme are, and that is quite alright in the minds of most drivers, hence the lack of widespread complaining you bemoan.

There was no way it passed into law that quickly. The Attorney General just had a consultation phase about AMPS for POA tickets.

My feeling is that if the Law Society of Upper Canada had an iota of fibre in their brains, they would put up a massive lobbying effort to make sure this does not pass. This affects the livelihoods of many traffic paralegals & lawyers are at stake.

Our Minister of Transportation has been trumpeting distracted driving penalties all over the media.

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bi...&BillID=3057&detailPage=bills_detail_the_bill

22. Section 78 of the Act is amended by adding the following subsection:
Penalty
(5) Every person who contravenes this section is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $300 and not more than $1,000.
23. Section 78.1 of the Act is amended by adding the following subsection:
Penalty
(6.1) Every person who contravenes this section is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $300 and not more than $1,000.​

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/ocj/how-do-i/set-fines/set-fines-i/schedule-43/

It seems the set fine on the ticket will be $225, and the total payable will be $280. If you're found guilty at trial the minimum will be $300, up to $1000.

The one thing he failed to do was add demerit points; general public only care about charges that carry points: http://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/940339

http://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK237

Bicycles overtaken

(6.1) Every person in charge of a motor vehicle on a highway who is overtaking a person travelling on a bicycle shall, as nearly as may be practicable, leave a distance of not less than one metre between the bicycle and the motor vehicle and shall maintain that distance until safely past the bicycle. 2015, c. 14, s. 42.​

This will be interesting, I see a lot of drivers paying lip-service to cyclist. Not a single **** is given, inches are given. But to give them 1m, that's moving over a lane unless you're on a motorcycle.

http://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK251

Stop on approaching emergency vehicle or tow truck
(5) Nothing in subsection (2) or (3) prevents a driver from stopping his or her vehicle and not passing the stopped emergency vehicle or tow truck if stopping can be done safely and is not otherwise prohibited by law. 2015, c. 14, s. 47.​

NOW we have to stop when tow trucks are approaching? ROFL!

Slow down on approaching stopped emergency vehicle or tow truck
(2) Upon approaching an emergency vehicle with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of red light or red and blue light or a tow truck with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of amber light that is stopped on a highway, the driver of a vehicle travelling on the same side of the highway shall slow down and proceed with caution, having due regard for traffic on and the conditions of the highway and the weather, to ensure that the driver does not collide with the emergency vehicle or tow truck or endanger any person outside of the emergency vehicle or tow truck. 2015, c. 14, s. 47.

(3) Upon approaching an emergency vehicle with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of red light or red and blue light or a tow truck with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of amber light that is stopped on a highway with two or more lanes of traffic on the same side of the highway as the side on which the emergency vehicle or tow truck is stopped, the driver of a vehicle travelling in the same lane that the emergency vehicle or tow truck is stopped in or in a lane that is adjacent to the emergency vehicle or tow truck, in addition to slowing down and proceeding with caution as required by subsection (2), shall move into another lane if the movement can be made safely. 2015, c. 14, s. 47.​

This will be a cash cow, I can't help but see this as some sort of inside lobbying work by the tow companies.

They've transformed tow trucks into emergency vehicles over night. If a tow truck is approaching you, now you have to pull over and stop.

If they're parked on the shoulder doing nothing with their lights on, you have to slow down or move over?

Lets see how long the education phase will be for this one.

Ontario is going straight to hell and we seem to support it. I try my level best to stay dialed in and this forum is where I heard of this news first. Something that diminishes the rights of the people should be all over the media. Unless I am totally tuning out during the evening news.

I still have a hard time connecting with the fact that the Wynne administration was handed a majority government. Who the **** voted for this ***** in the first place. ****, I realize that Hudak reminded us all of a pedophile but for the love of **** a majority government?!

This righteous **** is going to liquidate every single one of us until we roll over and die. And we will do it, like to ****ing sheep that we are. I swear, the only time I have seen any sort of uprise is when they tried to split up Don Cherry and Ron Mclean. Outside of that, we are a bunch of pussies. **** Queen's Park, **** Wynne and every one of you that support this ****!

NOW we have to stop when tow trucks are approaching? ROFL!
Slow down on approaching stopped emergency vehicle or tow truck
(2) Upon approaching an emergency vehicle with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of red light or red and blue light or a tow truck with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of amber light that is stopped on a highway, the driver of a vehicle travelling on the same side of the highway shall slow down and proceed with caution, having due regard for traffic on and the conditions of the highway and the weather, to ensure that the driver does not collide with the emergency vehicle or tow truck or endanger any person outside of the emergency vehicle or tow truck. 2015, c. 14, s. 47.

(3) Upon approaching an emergency vehicle with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of red light or red and blue light or a tow truck with its lamp producing intermittent flashes of amber light that is stopped on a highway with two or more lanes of traffic on the same side of the highway as the side on which the emergency vehicle or tow truck is stopped, the driver of a vehicle travelling in the same lane that the emergency vehicle or tow truck is stopped in or in a lane that is adjacent to the emergency vehicle or tow truck, in addition to slowing down and proceeding with caution as required by subsection (2), shall move into another lane if the movement can be made safely. 2015, c. 14, s. 47.​

This will be a cash cow, I can't help but see this as some sort of inside lobbying work by the tow companies.

They've transformed tow trucks into emergency vehicles over night. If a tow truck is approaching you, now you have to pull over and stop.

If they're parked on the shoulder doing nothing with their lights on, you have to slow down or move over?

No, read carefully, emphasis on the bold part above. It only applies to tow trucks stopped on the side of the road with their lights flashing.

6461bc24e4b09403f06fbec1f0a3440c.jpg

No, read carefully, emphasis on the bold part above. It only applies to tow trucks stopped on the side of the road with their lights flashing.

In my head when I see "approaching", I'm thinking they're approaching from behind.

So if there is a tow truck stopped with their lights flashing ahead, when do I have to stop my vehicle for the tow truck?

In my head when I see "approaching", I'm thinking they're approaching from behind.

So if there is a tow truck stopped with their lights flashing ahead, when do I have to stop my vehicle for the tow truck?

You don't. As you are approaching them when they are stopped on the side of the road ahead of you with their amber lights flashing, just move over a lane and give them space. If unable to do that, slow down until past them. It's the same routine as what you would do if approaching a police car stopped on the side of the road with its emergency flashing lights going.

Only because the current sitting government decided that it might not be the best thing for their future, if they kicked the legs out from under it.

Didn't think there are any legs left with this gov't. But then again they did get a majority last time..lol

Didn't think there are any legs left with this gov't. But then again they did get a majority last time..lol

People have been calling for them to fall since McSquinty won his first election in 2003. He won that election by obviously talking out of both sides of his mouth and never really being called on it. The last three elections have been the PC's to lose. And they did. I'm not expecting them to fall any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom