First timer ... Considering riding on a track | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First timer ... Considering riding on a track

This seems to be a hot topic this season, and nobody seems to notice the 3 Track Days forum stickies. Lots of good information from very experienced track day riders.
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...t-should-I-be-aware-of-for-my-first-track-day
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...02-The-Beginner-s-Guide-to-Ontario-Track-Days
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...rator-and-tire-warmer-question-by-John-Bickle

Coconut water? Fancy drinks? Whatevz... I take water and Doritos. Best electrolyte mix. I'm completely serious. I sometimes take 1 or 2 Gatorades just to break up the monotony of water, but 90% of the time it's just water and chips. I take turkey sandwiches for lunch.

ok - first, JohnCrusier has the tendency to give advice that does not fall with the priorities that you should be worrying about.
Read the stickies at the top, some really good information in there to get you started, don't worry about the damn yellow shirt.

Once you have read all of them, then ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer and try not to get you confused.

Wow black flagged. No thanks.

Ya I'll wear the bright shirt... Not trying to get in trouble or banned from a track.

Last edited:
ok - first, JohnCrusier has the tendency to give advice that does not fall with the priorities that you should be worrying about.
Read the stickies at the top, some really good information in there to get you started, don't worry about the damn yellow shirt.

Once you have read all of them, then ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer and try not to get you confused.
I don't like coconut water. BUT since that's what you recommend and have more experience than me...

Ya I guess I can force it

If you reread Fox's comments on this thread with the sarcasm font turned on, they're quite funny.

rent a haul trailer with tax and insurance its $25/day.... you will thank yourself at the end of the day
TMP cayuga(toronto motorsports park) is the closest distance wise from the west end.

I'm with Shah on the U-Haul motorcycle trailer - $14 per day + $8 insurance (if you take it out).
I've used one 3 times now & not had any issues with it on my 1.5hr drive to TMP, even at highway speeds & also on bumpy back roads.

If you got the racing bug there. Check out the IMSA race or superbike race at Canadian tire Motorsport park (mosport). A very fast track

Now that you say that, I suddenly get the feeling we're being trolled. haha
angry-kid.jpg

lol - Thread jacking here with a question!

Does your balls get squeezed and it becomes extremely uncomfortable to ride the FZ09 after 45 min? or is it just me?
Spitting image of you. LOL

Does your balls get squeezed and it becomes extremely uncomfortable to ride the FZ09 after 45 min? or is it just me?

LOL... The seat is pretty bad. On longer rides I wear cycling shorts and it's much better. It's not just you, it's almost everybody. There are lots of aftermarket and custom seats already available.

I am glad is not just me lol - I am going to have to get a Corbi for it, no way I can do a PA trip like that.

Resume thread :)
LOL... The seat is pretty bad. On longer rides I wear cycling shorts and it's much better. It's not just you, it's almost everybody. There are lots of aftermarket and custom seats already available.

Don't get a really nice suit to start with ... you might crash out and ruin it ... like I did :(

Seeing how this may be a troll thread, I'll resume the off-topic.

I had my seat re-done and it was a hundred times better.

seat (800x600).jpg
(made by a seat guy in TN)

Back on topic - water and doritos sounds way better than gatorade. I'm going to try that.

What bike do you have? If it's a supersport I HIGHLY recommend you go through Racer5.

I ride a GSX-R750 and haven't taken it to the track (really want to though) because it became obvious post Racer5 that the power would mask most of my mistakes and positively reinforce ****** technique. Because 125s have no power, you have to carry momentum and your mistakes become really obvious. This also forces you to focus primarily on body positioning, and lines rather than throttle control, trail braking, and braking. The latter 3 are much more critical on SS bikes.

On the monetary side, if you crash a Racer5 125 or 250, they have a mechanic and parts on site. You don't pay for labor and usually pay less or equal to whatever the part costs from websites.

Oh and for energy/hydration, I'd recommend any sport drink (NOT REDBULL AND OTHER JITTERY INDUCING ****) like Gatorade or Powersports and protein bars you can buy in bulk from Costco.

Last edited:
Back on topic - water and doritos sounds way better than gatorade. I'm going to try that.

It's the best! I don't recommend the stronger flavoured Doritos like Cool Ranch or Sweet Chili Heat though. The flavour sticks around in your mouth too long. Go with original Nacho, Zesty, or Spicy Nacho.

Seeing how this may be a troll thread, I'll resume the off-topic.

I had my seat re-done and it was a hundred times better.

View attachment 37094
(made by a seat guy in TN)

That looks fantastic!! How much did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking and where is TN?
I propose we call this the miscellaneous thread! Topics from doritos to balls

Last edited:
It's the best! I don't recommend the stronger flavoured Doritos like Cool Ranch or Sweet Chili Heat though. The flavour sticks around in your mouth too long. Go with original Nacho, Zesty, or Spicy Nacho.

lol Dave, I am totally with you here. Don't forget about the Beef Jerky. Sometimes I like to be a wuss and eat a bag of cherries or grapes, though.
Gatorade and Water all the way. Drink like 8 of them and never go to the bathroom. That's how I stay hydrated.

I like chicken sandwiches for lunch myself. I don't know how many so I just buy some meat and throw all the butter and mustard and stuff from the fridge into my cooler. 5 hours later if my wife wants to make a sandwich at home, tough shat.

blackfox if you are serious about getting into this you should start watching racing, but even more importantly, you should ride down to a track day with the intention of walking around and watching, and meeting some people.

Beef jerky! That's genius! I can't believe I haven't done that yet. Fruit I never eat at the track, too much fibre. LOL

That looks fantastic!! How much did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking and where is TN?
I propose we call this the miscellaneous thread! Topics from doritos to balls

TN = Tennessee ( I think)

Back
Top Bottom