First timer ... Considering riding on a track | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First timer ... Considering riding on a track

I like chicken sandwiches for lunch myself.
I bring a 12" sub from subway, grilled chicken breast. When I get it from subway I ask for the frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer, let it sit in my fridge overnight and then in my cooler on the way to the track. I take 6" of it for breakfast, wrap the chicken breast in tinfoil and toast it on my headers and toast the bread on my mufflers, doesn't take long at all. Then assemble it with the white cheeze, shreaded lettuce and pizza sauce. Ooooey gooey melted and toasted goodness :)

Wash, rinse, repeat for lunch. If I'm quick when I get off the session before lunch I don't even have to idle my bike to toast it up, exhaust is plenty hot enough.

Beef jerky! That's genius! I can't believe I haven't done that yet. Fruit I never eat at the track, too much fibre. LOL

Haha, well I go to TMP. The fear of having to shat there keeps it in until I'm long home. :)

Glad I could help re the Jerky lol

I bring a 12" sub from subway, grilled chicken breast. When I get it from subway I ask for the frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer, let it sit in my fridge overnight and then in my cooler on the way to the track. I take 6" of it for breakfast, wrap the chicken breast in tinfoil and toast it on my headers and toast the bread on my mufflers, doesn't take long at all. Then assemble it with the white cheeze, shreaded lettuce and pizza sauce. Ooooey gooey melted and toasted goodness :)

Wash, rinse, repeat for lunch. If I'm quick when I get off the session before lunch I don't even have to idle my bike to toast it up, exhaust is plenty hot enough.

Seriously? Toasting?! Hopefully I see you down there to witness.

I lol'ed and what makes it even funnier is that I believe you.

Since this is now the official "everything" thread...

Hey Jamie, I'm thinking about getting an older Android phone and trying out Harry's Lap Timer. I know you have a fair bit of experience with this. What are you thoughts on a Samsung Galaxy S3 or Sony Xperia E3 for this purpose?

Since this is now the official "everything" thread...

Hey Jamie, I'm thinking about getting an older Android phone and trying out Harry's Lap Timer. I know you have a fair bit of experience with this. What are you thoughts on a Samsung Galaxy S3 or Sony Xperia E3 for this purpose?
Who's Jamie?? ;) Some really garbage phones don't even have real GPS sensors in them. Samsung S3 is great for Harry's Lap Timee. The built in GPS sensor is pretty damn slow but if ALL you want is your lap time, it's absolutely flawless. If you want to see all your lines through corners, compare how early you get on the throttle in each corner, etc. then I'd recommend a 10hz bluetooth GPS receiver (check on HLT's website for recommended ones).

Do you plan to record video with the phone at the same time as running HLT?

Who's Jamie?? ;) Some really garbage phones don't even have real GPS sensors in them. Samsung S3 is great for Harry's Lap Timee. The built in GPS sensor is pretty damn slow but if ALL you want is your lap time, it's absolutely flawless. If you want to see all your lines through corners, compare how early you get on the throttle in each corner, etc. then I'd recommend a 10hz bluetooth GPS receiver (check on HLT's website for recommended ones).

Do you plan to record video with the phone at the same time as running HLT?

I would like to get all the features, including G's and lean angles if possible. I may record video, but I already have a GoPro so I have options there.

I would like to get all the features, including G's and lean angles if possible. I may record video, but I already have a GoPro so I have options there.
Yeah, 10hz will get ya all the G's and lean angles (after the day, click the lap you want to video over, click data, source, and choose gps instead of accelerometer, for smoother lean angles).

It's better if you DON'T record video with the cell phone, other than having to line up the overlay with your gopro to get the sync good.

I just downloaded Harry's Rookie version onto my iphone 5S - I'm not too bothered about video etc at this early point.

Yeah, 10hz will get ya all the G's and lean angles (after the day, click the lap you want to video over, click data, source, and choose gps instead of accelerometer, for smoother lean angles).

It's better if you DON'T record video with the cell phone, other than having to line up the overlay with your gopro to get the sync good.

I thought it would be better to use the phone's G and lean? Why use external GPS for that? Is this something you have to set before, or you mean just select which data to extract after the fact?

Back
Top Bottom