Urgent - need oil seal 92049-1361 1991 ZX7 front sprocket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Urgent - need oil seal 92049-1361 1991 ZX7 front sprocket

smudger

Supposed to be at TMP tommorrow but the oil seal for the front sprocket/trans output shaft on my 1991 ZX7 hasn't come in on time through my local Kawi dealer - does anyone have one lying around?
I will pick up now if you are localish?

Cant believe no Kawi dealer round here carries a f----g $4 oil seal in stock.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

It appears that part is used on a lot of bikes. Up to current year. You would think it would be a stocked part.

A trick I've used before is to measure the seal, inside diameter, outside diameter, thickness. Then look up the common commercial seal number. Often I've found the part I want is used on some other common vehicle, possibly for another function. If it can't be found at a dealer or supplier, try commercial bearing shops for the commercial seal.

example; Crankshaft seal for a lawnmower matched camshaft seal for car, found the car seal at Canadian Tire, same day, 1/3 the price.

Yea, all the dealers I spoke to told me its used on a lot of bikes - so I asked them if thats the case why done you have one in stock lol
The bike is in the shop & the mechanic rang me to tell me the seal hadnt come in so he hasnt physically removed the old one yet - from on line pictures it looks to be about Ø18.5mm OD x Ø14mm ID.
I've tried cross referncing the 2x Kawi part #'s with SKF etc but nothing came up - nothing will cross refernce with the Kawi part #'s.
Even tried looking for a dimensioned drawing of the seal but cant find one anywhere.
I did try Can Tire but only had the Kawi part #'s to go by.
Oh well we live & learn but have to admit I'm more than a bit peeed off about missing the track day.

output shaft seals are over rated.

Dont blame the dealer for not stocking every single part for every bike, especially a part like a output shaft seal that rarely ever needs to be replaced. I have been riding for 14 years and never had to replace one, so I would understand that it would likely not be in stock...Its not like a brake pad or a part that is normally ordered often and in stock

If you want an aftermarket seal all you need to do is measure the OD of the shaft and the ID of the bore that the seals sits in....Those 2 measurements and a width is what you need to find a replacement outside of Kawasaki. Also if you look closely at the seal itself it should be marked somewhere around the lip, although in some cases they use proprietary sizes that are made specifically for them, and are very hard to find in the aftermarket

I thought I might be able to help you but it looks like the seals is shared mostly between ZX7 and ZX9 and some Vulcan 800`s.....If it was the same as a ZX6 Id have one

Thanks for looking anyways Johnny, I'm still waiting on the OEM seal arriving from the dealer.
Tried the usual sources such as SKF (part #: 12735) but no-one had one in stock, seal is Ø38mm ID x Ø48mm OD x 8mm thick.
Hopefully it'll be in today & I can make TMP on Thursday night.
At the end of the day my ZX7 is a 24 year old bike so things are going to need replacing, just hate missing a track day because of such a low cost item, especially as I'm a newbie to track who just wants to get as much track time as I can :)

Ø38mm ID x Ø48mm OD x 8mm thick. is a odd size.

Looked, sorry I have nothing here to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom