Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Didn't know about the numbers...just checked and it is the 8. Very caramelly....if that's a word.

Nickelbrook paysan saison.
Not my usual style but this one was good. Lots of citrus and heavy carbonation.

I haven't met a Saison yet that I don't like. A real gem was the pumpkin Saison from P.E.C. Barley Days Brewery. Had to buy it at the brewery itself to sample it. Recently, Stone City Ales did one that was pretty plain... still a fan.

P1240200_zps2thmudaq.jpg

I don't drink enough to develop a palate for beer or wine so I get comfortable with the stuff from BR, oops, The Beer Store. I wonder how much they paid some genius to come up with that name.

The Beir Markt does the pairings bit but I don't have the flavour vocabulary to describe what I would want to go with a particular meal or mood.

Old Credit is a great beer, brewed locally at the Port Credit brewery off Mississauga Rd. Its got no preservatives and isn't as heavily carbonated, goes down nice. Only available straight from the brewery or select LCBO's though.

They've got a pale pilsener, honey lager and amber ale

Last edited:
Bourbon County Brand Stout from Goose Island

... this is the diamond standard for this style of stout IMHO. I've looked for one for ages, and finally found it in Florida last week... unbelievable. Complex, strong, just wonderful.

On untappd I wrote:

"Wow. Sweet, boozy and bursting with character. Biscuit, bourbon, dark fruit jams, hints of coconut. Near perfect, I recommend it highly. Edit: It's warming. Vanilla, caramel, charred oak, burnt marshmallow, brown fudge. OMG"

To be fair, Nickel Brook's "Kentucky Bastard" 2015 edition was not miles away.

I used to drink beers or is it lagers, with funny names,

but then I discovered Guinness, which is good for you. :cool:

I had a guinness after the bourbon county stout... it tasted like budweiser.

Belgian Budweiser or American pony tinkle?

Tinkleriffic.

Im jealous.
But then i also had this little fella:
12362394_549938665172914_675891171_n.jpg

Twas quite the kick in the ***. Still have 2 left, definitely only for certain occasions and people who appreciate stout as they sold out in 48 hours.

Also tried their lost river beer.

I like Leffe Brune, i like trappist beers too a lot.

Oh and amsterdam spring bock

And when im lazy, the guiness will always do.

I have 2 of this years bring out your dead too.
Gonna drink one, and save one till next year.

I have 2 of this years bring out your dead too.
Gonna drink one, and save one till next year.
It is delicious. I shared it with 2 friends. And yeah when it gets too warm it packs a motha****in punch.

I just sent a care package to Florida with some Brock St (whitby) and Old Flame (port perry) growlers, along with 8 cans of Collingwood IPA. And the latest LCBO magazine tucked in too, Father in law ought to have a good birthday selection.

Back
Top Bottom