Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

These posts inspired me to have a nice a strong beer
beer.gif
. Keep them coming.

Black Bridge Brewery Barleywine. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/37562/342105/

I went to one of the strongest beers I have. The old school barleywine style. Awesome.
attachment.php

Cracked a Forked River Weendigo Barrel Aged Imp Stout.
It's been aged for 2yrs now.

Most likely upwards of 11% abv at this point.

It got much smoother with age.
Very sweet, lots of raisin notes and boozy.

Cracked a Forked River Weendigo Barrel Aged Imp Stout.
It's been aged for 2yrs now.

Most likely upwards of 11% abv at this point.

It got much smoother with age.
Very sweet, lots of raisin notes and boozy.
Wow. Sounds great. Love that style when its done well.

That Barleywine in my last post is now a year old; it's definitely smoothed out notably and in a much needed and great way. I still have a 24 flat in the cellar of it as well which is great.

Cellaring these strong beers often makes them even better over time. I try to do it when I can.

The list of beers recently has been far too numerous to list.

I'm not sure I'd recommend the Rochester Mills stout pack that is in the LCBO. They're all tasty, but they all have a "fake-ish" flavour to them.

Heading to Fredericton, New Brunswick next week and looking forward to all the excellent breweries down there.

Heading to Fredericton, New Brunswick next week and looking forward to all the excellent breweries down there.

Check out the King Street Alehouse downtown.
Very good food and a very decent craft menu.

Hit up Great Lakes Brewing today with the Missus.

Had the Eggnog Stout.
It nails the flavors, the color, and creamy mouthfeel of eggnog, but wasn't my thing.
...Maybe because I hate eggnog. Hahahaha

The Restrained Jubilation Helles was good. A nice light and crisp example of the style.

Had a few other pours, and then a couple meat pies from The Pie Commission down the street.

Lord those pies are delicious!

That's a big tasting session assuming you had them all in a row!
It was a big tasting session. I actually put five different cellar beers into the fridge so I had a few more options. I'll get to the last two at some point and you'll recognize them with their similar style, region and rarity. Just not this week. ;)

Last edited:
Great Lakes Shinny Pants session stout.
Not overly good. Too malty, and too much carbonation for a stout...

Bellwoods Isar Pilsner. Nothing special. Just basic.

Whitewater brewery peanut butter shake, peanut butter stout. Well.....I was all set to hate this but it’s surprisingly ok. Actually, it’s really growing on me. Very nutty indeed and a nice aftertaste too.

Blood Brothers tap takeover happened here in Kingston Saturday.

Unbelievable. Everything I tried was outrageously good.

They're hit or miss for me.

Last thing I had from them was the Cactus Head DDH IPA. It was fantastic.

Had the Wellington UVB Russian Imp Stout on the weekend.
Ridiculously drinkable. Creamy and smooth, and you would not think it weighed in at almost 12%!!

What was this? I’m waiting for the new brewpub on Princess downtown to open.

Yesterday they still had at least 6 Blood Brothers on tap at the KBC.

I was supposed to play at Santur this weekend with the band. May still do on Saturday night, but they're having trouble getting the doors open - the City is on their case about occupancy etc.

97626aab4d2627723657a5b0387e0857--beer-memes-beer-humor.jpg

The wifes work finished canning the new ipa they are releasing next week (waiting on labels) so I got to drink a bunch last night fresh off the line, and take home a 12 pack :D

6.5%, 60ibu, very crisp, citrusy and hoppy, but not overbearing.
Brewed with citra and amarillo.

Back
Top Bottom