Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

I'm always trying new things. That's how I accidently tried a wheat beer the other day. Never doing that again. Mostly I like the Creemore. Been drinking that for years.

Good opportunity then to start trying more lagers if that's your preferred style!

I'm always trying new things. That's how I accidently tried a wheat beer the other day. Never doing that again. Mostly I like the Creemore. Been drinking that for years.

Not all wheat beers are the same. Try a dunkel (dark), or crystal (clear). Some people think the cloudy ones taste a little "soapy" but you can put a slice of lemon or orange in them too (that's what you'll get in Europe). A Belgian WhitBier is similar too, something like Hoegarten but the Belgian ones often have orange peel or citrus flavours in them and sometimes even coriander. They're all different. I happen to like them all but my favourites are the dark German ones or the Belgian ones.

I've pretty well stopped drinking for the better part 1.5 years but recently tried Big Rig Scotch Ale and loved it.

Cracked open a Great Lakes Robohop
9.5% ABV, 100 IBU

Sounds rough. You like high IBU?

yes sir.

I'm a BIG hop head. the more IBU the better. Love tasting all the distinct variety of hops

Last night worked on a keg of Brock St - Amber (Whitby brewery). Pretty good stuff.

My apologies but it wasn't my house to do that. I'll host pints on my patio after trackdays though.

Keep it going, guys. I'm going to be trying some of these labels mentioned. Please give recommendations based on a preference for Grolsch, Creemore, Heineken etc. I'd like to stray from the mainstream.

North Coast Brewery's Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

A very nice change of pace after drinking Coors and Bud Light all day at the MV VIP booth at Calabogie.

@TO Bandit

Amsterdam 416
Flying Monkeys Antigravity
Great Lakes Red Leaf
Stone pale Ale
Southern Tier Live
Rogue Morimoto Pilsner

Pretty impressed with Muskoka Brewery's stuff

beer-detour-lg2.jpg

beer-summer-lg2.jpg

Detour is fantastic. Such a unique taste

Detour is pretty cool. I like hoppy refreshing beers - this has some body without being heavy. Lots of citrus.

+1 on the detour.

I like Detour but I'm not crazy about it.

Employee of mine just bought me a beer today called Cruiser All Day Pale Ale. Haven't drank it yet.

http://www.amsterdambeer.com/beers/cruiser/

We trade some beer from time to time. I haven't had anything from Amsterdam that I didn't like, so far.

Back
Top Bottom