Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

A toast to Bryan Maher tonite.One of the founders of Block3 Brewery.Tragic to die so young.http://www.therecord.com/news-story/7291513-block-3-brewery-founder-dies-in-car-crash/
P5120006_zpsegd6cet6.jpg

R.I.P good sir.
Enjoyed many, many brews from Block 3.

Toasting with a collaboration Yorkshire Ale from CommonGood / Lost Craft

Mill St Welter Weight ipa. Not terribly good...

Omnipollo Graham Cracker, Maple Syrup Imp Stout. Tasted just as sweet and syrupy as it sounds. A great dessert beer weighing in at 12%

Omnipollo Zodiak IPA. Nothing overly special with this one.

Nice. I pulled back from my special beers lately and have been drinking some great ON wine I ordered from the wineries as the heat comes up. I still have a case of Konig Ludwig weissbier for the hot weather, and satisfied a hankering for a strong tasty stout with some St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. A highly rated local example. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/194/2704/ . Even better if you ever get the chance to try it on tap (seen it in TO a few times). :blob:

Last edited:
Red Racer ISA at a packed Winking Judge for me tonight

Left Field Laser Show IIPA. ...Absolutely delicious.
Railway City Orange Creamsicle Ale.
Rouge River Guava Sour Ale.

In between some great ON white wines enjoyed in the heat recently, I had a new beer to me.

Black Ridge Brewery Limited Release Golden Collaboration, a Belgian strong ale. (with Nokomis)
http://blackbridgebrewery.ca/beers/golden-collaboration/

Not rated on beer advocate yet. 11.3%. I had some high hopes from enjoying their Saison I mentioned earlier. This Belgian strong ale is lovely :happy7:. And a great craft beer in that style.

The standout feature to me are the esters, big and strong. Think big banana flavours. Similar to La Trappe double and quad beers (one of the few recognized trappist breweries in the world). One of the few and more ester-dominant belgian-style ale beers I've had. I love it and it's been rare and hard to find (in my experience).

Cheers and enjoy the weekend.

Last edited:
Busy night last night and added a bunch of new ones to my list.

Bellwoods Hellwoods Russian Imp Stout
Bellwoods 2017 Motley Cru
Folly Brewpub Flemish Cap Saison
Bellwoods Monogamy Double Dry Hop w/ lupulin
Old Flame Brunette Dunkel
Indie Alehouse Instigator IPA
Indie Alehouse Zombie Apocalypse Imp Stout
Great Lakes Grimace Tears Pale Ale

...some were shared with the GF :)

Last edited:
I am really enjoying the new Ace Hill Vienna Lager. Different from their pilsner.

I don't enjoy the crazy hoppy beers, so I felt that lighter beers have been somewhat neglected by the craft guys.

Ace Hill came through, and also love Great Lakes Brewery Red Leaf Lager.

Grabbed a few bottles of todays Bellwoods release.
Milkshark Mango IPA.
It. Is. Fantastic
They sold out in just over an hour.

Glad to see some Bellwood's fans here.

I just had the Outliers and Skeleton Key 2014 @ Ossington. Personally I still think the Lost River is still in the lead for 2017 so far (in the Stout/Porter league)

Are you guys on Untappd? My handle is buriburi

I was there last Sat around 5!

Only negative thing I can say about bellwoods is they don't serve the duck hearts anymore! I could have the whole bowl by myself.

Added ya on untappd

Added both of you guys.

And thats with me forgetting to check in a few along the way...

A friend of mine, the guy who got me into craft beer actually, is up over 10,000 different beers lifetime.

I finally got him to ditch his paper notebooks and get onto untappd earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom