Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

One of my most favourite beers, Rochefort 8. Probably the best dubbel style offerings out there.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/207/1696/

attachment.php

Cheers

Last edited:
Don't think I've ever seen a session stout.
Gonna have to keep an eye out for that one!

Sawdust City - Blood of Cthulu Imperial Stout. 9.5% ABV
Heavy cherry flavour with a strong "tanginess." I'm normally not a fan of stouts at all, but this one... wow.. fantastic...

Block 3 - Train to Nowhere
Sour Cherry flavour again, nice dark ale.

Hit up Bellwoods today and had:

- "Barn Owl 15 : Cherry Vanilla".
Super sour. Very cherry, and very "musty" due to the Brett.

- "A stout we made".
Very light and drinkable. Also bought the coffee variant to bring home.

- "Dry Hop Come What May".
Not a fan of this version. Too much brett ruins it for me. The original was much better in my opinion.

- "Donkey Venom w/Haskap Berries".
This was a dark sour variant of the Donkey Venom. It was very unusual, but delicious. Very blueberry forward flavors.

Next stop was Muddy York to try:

- "Resistance dry hop IPA"
Loved this one. Super dank and funky IPA.

- "Cerbeerus wet hop Pilsner"
Wasn't a fan of it. Haven't really found a wet hopped beer I like...

- "Porter"
A classic from them. Really malty, dark, and delicious.

Very good day, and I spent way too much on beer considering what we drank on site, plus what I bought to bring home, but whatever. ��

- "Cerbeerus wet hop Pilsner"
Wasn't a fan of it. Haven't really found a wet hopped beer I like...

Tavistock Wet Hop from Innocente in Waterloo is a solid product. Only wet hop I've really liked.

I'll have to look out for it.
The charcoal porter from them is fantastic.

I'll have to look out for it.
The charcoal porter from them is fantastic.

Nickel Brook’s Ontario Wet Hop pale ale is decent.

Agree about Innocente’s Charcoal Porter. I almost feel they should focus on similar types of beers as their pale ale’s are lacking.

I really need to get to Muddy York...

Rob

The lumberjack crowd loves their fruity flavored beverages.

Just had a can of Left Field WHIP peach cobler.
Very peachy. Was like carbonated juice.

Charcoal Porter from Innocente in Waterloo.Goes down well with dirty duc parts.
PB300048_zps6k6fexho.jpg

I'm a fan of that porter.

I had the Bellwoods Sour Cherry Jelly King. ...Was not one of the better variants in the series.

Also tried the Blood Brothers Ajji Majji sour. Was nothing notable and a little disappointing considering all the other good offerings they have.

Lastly, my GF works for a small local micro brewery and I was able to sample a very sneak preview of their new belgian style white ipa that will be canned and kegged next week.

...can't say the name of it yet unfortunately, but it was VERY good and dangerously drinkable at around 7.5%

I'm a fan of that porter.

I had the Bellwoods Sour Cherry Jelly King. ...Was not one of the better variants in the series.

Also tried the Blood Brothers Ajji Majji sour. Was nothing notable and a little disappointing considering all the other good offerings they have.

Lastly, my GF works for a small local micro brewery and I was able to sample a very sneak preview of their new belgian style white ipa that will be canned and kegged next week.

...can't say the name of it yet unfortunately, but it was VERY good and dangerously drinkable at around 7.5%

Have you tried the FrankenStout from Block3? Really good stuff.

I've had their session frankenstout, but not the reg version.

It was great!

Either of you tried the Ghost Cow stout from Wellington? Made with ghost pepper essence - warming, but subtle.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Either of you tried the Ghost Cow stout from Wellington? Made with ghost pepper essence - warming, but subtle.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Will do.Next time i am in Guelph visiting the guys at the shop i retired from.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom