Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

I really enjoy barley wine beer. This one has lots of potential. It reminded me of Thomas Hardy's ale. Blackridge Brewery Barrel Aged Barley Wine.

attachment.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
Smithavens - Kellerbier. Might be my new favourite patio beer. Pale lager.
Riflemans - Ration. Solid malty brown ale.
Republican House - Square Nail. Pale ale with not overwhelming citrus tones. Really well balanced and delicious.

Sorry, I have no experience with Lost Craft.

For the sour beer lovers like Xhumeka, here's Coup De Foudre new world wild ale. It was a nice sour from a lesser known west coast Canadian craft brewery.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/38227/345992/

attachment.php

If anybody is interested in beer trading send me a PM. I have some rare stuff to ON; shipping will be needed so it costs more, but this is about trying new brands and beers. I'd like to get some Bellwoods brews again.

Cheers

Last edited:
Any body like Lost Craft Beer out of Toronto?

Lost Craft has a few decent ones out. Sirius and the Pilsner.

Had the Barnstormer Watermelon the other day. Did not like...

Hit up Muddy York today.

Had:
Misdirection DIPA
Haberdasher Hefeweizen
Guava Saison
Prost! Dunkl
Old Sticks In The Mud Pale Ale (5 Paddles collaboration)

This is weissbier weather. Having a nice Hacker Schorr Weiss with a lemon slice right now. Love this style of beer when the weather is right.

Yet another fine visit to Parson's Brewery in Picton.

Had East to West, Westy Pale, Hulu Hoop Prickly Pear and The Son. Very nice. The Carnitas tacos tasted amazing.

Yet another fine visit to Parson's Brewery in Picton.

Had East to West, Westy Pale, Hulu Hoop Prickly Pear and The Son. Very nice. The Carnitas tacos tasted amazing.

Not heard of that place....must visit next week.

This is weissbier weather. Having a nice Hacker Schorr Weiss with a lemon slice right now. Love this style of beer when the weather is right.
Never discount a sour beer as a hot weather summer beer style :). It's excellent.
I love weissbier as well and it's my number one summer beer style
beer.gif
. I lost access to Konig Ludwig which sucks, but at this moment have replaced with lighter (and more expensive) Hoegaarden. Had a Hoegaarden recently in the hot weather; awesome :agave:. Hacker Schorr Weiss is a great and worthy consideration. I will be circling back to it soon now for more evaluation since KL is gone. Hacker Schorr Weiss is better than most local brewery weissbier options imo.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3900/4847/
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/83/248/

Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

Last edited:
I have to admit, Hoe is better than it has a right to be.

^^^
Had 2 pours of it there and then took 4 home.
Also had the Come What May, and the Barn Owl #13!

Yes it is...

I got the Bellwoods raspberry Jelly King last week. Absolutely fantastic.

Was in NB last week and had the Garrison Pucker UP Pomegranate sour, and the Cranberry sour. Both were incredible.

Also had the Bellwoods Neopolitan Milkshark. Interesting, but not their best effort.

Also tried:

St Ambrose Pamplemousse IPA
Nine Locks watermelon ale
Innis & Gunn Mango IPA
Flying Monkeys Wonderstar
Town Brewing Trophy Boaster
Parallel 49 Russian Imp Stout
...and all 7 beers Big Tide Brewing had on tap in NB

It was a busy week :D

Just like last year it's getting hard to keep up with bellwoods releases.
Between the Jellys, the Milksharks, the Monogamy, and the others it's almost a weekly trip there on Saturdays.

Back
Top Bottom