Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Another big Bellwoods day. Today I had:

Fruit Helmet Ale
Passionfruit Milkshark
Guava Jelly King
Friendly Confines Strong Stout

last night was Stenchokov9 from Four Fathers brewery Rockwood Ont.

a ukranian dunkel style dark beer with a slight bitter hint, not sweet and not hoppy. Just delicious beer. Its the future. Or the past.

I've been really liking Collective Arts brew lately. They're running out of the old Lakeport brewery in Hamilton. They have a handful of brews, Ransack the Universe is my favorite.

Was at the craft fest here in Kingston on Saturday. Drank four different Collective Arts beers I'd never seen before. Good stuff. I place them on my list of top five breweries in Ontario at the moment.

Has anyone been to beertown franchise? One opened near me and it looks interesting.

They even have cask events every Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Collective arts has impressed me as well this year.
I like everything they've put out this year

At almost 65 i know all to well that sorrow knows how to swim.I'll keep things in check as they should be.I have believed all my life that "moderation is the key".But the last couple of weeks have been different for me and my family.Two weeks ago my wife tripped at the top of the three steps going from our garage to the house and took a tumble onto her civic and then the garage floor.Two minor bleeds and one major on the right side of her brain,three broken ribs and a bruised lung and a broken wrist.She was transported to Hamilton for brain surgery but the bleeding slowed enough to check the surgery.(good news).The ribs are very painful and with the concussion causing a lot of confusion,she has had a really tough time getting a grip on why she is where she is.Presently we are waiting for room at a rehab centre to further her progress.She took about six steps with help today.
Next.....My niece's 14 year old son hung himself in their basement last saturday.No note,no warning signs,nothing.We are devastated and i attended a visitation today with the help of an entire high school and all the family in Fergus.
Ok! Venting done.I admit i am going a bit over my usual "moderation is the key" advice tonite and am enjoying some Thru the Quad (it's 10%)by Block3 brewery.Hug your babies and love the ones you are with.Cheers.
PB020178_zpszgzctles.jpg

Cheers to you. All the best and hope for a speedy recovery. Excellent choice of beer for reflection.

Damn...
Best of luck with your family.

Was in detroit last weekend and found on tap:

Founders "Doom" bourbon barrel aged double ipa. 12.5%, and 100 IBU.

Founders 2015 Russian Imp Stout. 11% of delicious, milkshake mouth feel, dark chocolate, coffee goodness.

Both were out of this world good.

Opened up a La Trappe Quadrupel. Another classic Belgian style beer, lol. And one of my most faves. It's a famous Trappist Quad generations old, and also somewhat unique amongst its typical Belgian competition taste-wise because of its strong ester component. Think bananas. I really really enjoy it.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/184/1402/

Tastes beautiful with caramel, molasses, dried fruit and bananas. This one has aged years, so there's less carbonation, more smoothness, beautiful smoothness, and a lovely long finish. The tastes even reminds me of my recent Dulce de Leche cook...

For the detail-oriented it was bottled Nov 2011.

Back when the LCBO had brought some stock in years ago, a purchases some cases to have long term availability; it reminds me of some of the great opportunities out there from time to time. Cool rare boxes, and good memories.
attachment.php

Cheers and enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:
Solid Quad.
Enjoy!

The Unibroue Xmas 6 packs are at the LCBO....solid Quebecois beer selection that beats most of the Ontario stuff if you like Belgian style beer.

I'm avoiding buying it... I really have to break my drinking streak... lol

I failed. Sawdust City opened up their new online beer store and they're selling Blood of Cthulhu on there. 8 cans of that, a bottle here or there, another 4 cans of this, 4 cans of that, etc. and ... *sigh*

Found Murphy's stout at the Beer Store. I prefer it to Guinness and I really like Guinness.
I haven't tried that; I'll look for it. Have you tried St. Ambroise Oatmeal stout?

I failed. Sawdust City opened up their new online beer store and they're selling Blood of Cthulhu on there. 8 cans of that, a bottle here or there, another 4 cans of this, 4 cans of that, etc. and ... *sigh*
You can still save yourself by sending them all to us here on the beer thread. :p

Back
Top Bottom