Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Boulevard Brewing Company Whisky Barrel Stout. 11.8% of pure magic. This stuff is amazing. I may have missed it but perhaps someone posted about this before. It’s an amazing beer.

Never had it but sounds absolutely delicious.
LCBO available?

Went back and bought another 4 bottles of the stuff. It’s pricey but worth it. Got a few different oatmeal stouts too, the McAuslan one is great.

Pulled this one out of the cellar recently and enjoyed.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11056/52336/
attachment.php

Boulevard Brewing Company Whisky Barrel Stout. 11.8% of pure magic. This stuff is amazing. I may have missed it but perhaps someone posted about this before. It’s an amazing beer.

I enjoy a decent stout

but that alcohol content concerns me
do you pour a small quantity and sip it?

letting a glass of it get to room temp I think would be not ideal
but I'm a savage from the northern colony :)

I enjoy a decent stout

I usually keep the big boy beers for sharing.

But, if you only want to have one or two and call it an early night, then by all means go to town! Hahaha

I enjoy a decent stout

Sorry I missed this before. It’s incredibly drinkable. Most high alcohol beers are too sweet for me, this one is balanced, dangerously so. The Belgians are wizards at making potent drinkable beers and it’s a rare talent.

Did a mini durham tour and hit up Little Beasts, and Town. Two places for some reason I've never stopped in at before...

At Little Beasts we had:
Changeling Kettle Sour (tastes like a sour Jolly Rancher!)
Mountain Devil IPA
Nihilism Stout
Birds of a feather milk stout
Television shepherd stout
Saison d'automne belgian farmhouse
Run Santa Run ale

At Town we had:
Idaho No. 7 pale ale (absolutely delicious)
Broken Arrow IPA
Lost in the black forest cherry stout
Orion pale ale
Black No. 1 Imp Stout
Black No. 1.1 Imp Stout w/spruce (tasted like drinking a Christmas tree)

Overall a good day out at 2 very good breweries!

^^
Always an enjoyable classic!

Didn't know GI did a farmhouse. Must be newer to their lineup!

My GF's work (Commongood Brewing) just released a bourbon barrel Russian Imp Stout on friday.

It is a very good example of the style.

They also did a merlot barrel version that will be released in a few weeks.

...although I did get a preview sample already :D

Nice @miggs!

I pulled this beer out of the cellar and into the fridge in early December with the other Belgian beers I posted about a while back, http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...drinking-now&p=2598047&viewfull=1#post2598047.

I finally got to having it. Rochefort 10, Quadrupel, another Belgian Trappist ale
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/207/645/

Really awesome. Sneaky strong, smooth, bready, malty, some raisin in the flavours. I can't recommend this beer enough.
attachment.php

Cheers

Gents

If you enjoy Belgian-style beer, have you tried anything from New Limburg Brewery yet? They’re near Simcoe and they make some awesome stuff. I especially enjoy their Tripel amd Quad.

I did just open my bottle of Epiphany No. 1 from Black Oak after aging it for 2 years. A really nice Quadrupel aged on cherry maple.

Cheers!

Rob

Didn't know GI did a farmhouse. Must be newer to their lineup! My GF's work (Commongood Brewing) just released a bourbon barrel Russian Imp Stout on friday. It is a very good example of the style. They also did a merlot barrel version that will be released in a few weeks...although I did get a preview sample already :D
Thx miggs and appreciate the suggestion!

... If you enjoy Belgian-style beer, have you tried anything from New Limburg Brewery yet? They’re near Simcoe and they make some awesome stuff. I especially enjoy their Tripel amd Quad.

I did just open my bottle of Epiphany No. 1 from Black Oak after aging it for 2 years. A really nice Quadrupel aged on cherry maple...
Not yet but thx for the suggestion!

Myself here, I pulled another beer out of my cellar; Great Lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. A very smooth example of an American Porter style with lots of toasted and coffee flavours. A top 5 american porter beer on BA (considering its rating and high number of reviews). It's a must try for any Porter fan.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/73/226/

attachment.php

Cheers

Last edited:
Left Field Laser Show: pretty mild for a double IPA, neither super malty nor super bitter like some other beers in this style. Smooth. Most of the hops were probably added pretty late (+double dry-hopped). Not hazy, unlike a lot of “Vermont”-style beers these days.
z0UE8we.jpg

Spencer Trappist Ale: decent but not super memorable, sort of a generic Belgian blonde-style beer. Fruity, slightly spicy yeast flavours. The quad from this monastery (Monk’s Reserve Ale) was better.
biaqMS1.jpg

Last edited:
I really dig the laser show.
Could drink them all day which is a good thing, that would invariably turn into a bad thing...

The Omnipollo Zodiak is also very very good

I’m also a big fan of the Zodiak. I’d say it’s one of my go to IPAs. Redline Clutch is another, but I haven’t had it in a while, and it’s also a bit less potent.

I recently came across some Gouden Carolus Ambrio in the LCBO so I bought up 4 bottles of this great Belgian beer. I've had the classic before and this is a very good beer too. Lovely champagne like bubbles and smooth drinking. I think I like the original better as it's a bit more complex but this still doesn't disappoint.

I'm still on the lookout for Kwak though which is one of my favourites from Belgium.

I'm stuck in a Hotel and believe it or not I just sat and read this whole thread, now i'm going to the Bar

My two favourite beers at the moment are Stone IPA, and 21st Amendment Blood Orange IPA. the 21st is very citrusy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom