Looking for Rain Gear | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for Rain Gear

i just got my frog toggs in the mail. i went with 1 size bigger for the jacket which im 50-50 on if that was a good or bad idea.
it fits over all my jackets fine, a little loose though. im thinking that the 1 size smaller may have been a little restricting in movement. im ok with this one flapping around a little rather than pilling on me when i try to move.

man this suit is loud though. it sounds like a paperbag.

Bigger is definitely better than smaller. The last thing you want is the sleeves and ankles riding up on you.

Whatever rain jacket that is on sale at Mark's and fits over the riding jacket and safety rain pants from a flea market
41av8PtgfsL._SX342_.jpg

They have worked fine for years at a time and cost is reasonable. Have kept me dry riding for consecutive days in heavy rain.

Also have old leather gloves that have been waxed/dubbined (sp?) to help waterproof and alpinestars web goretex for dry feet, great boots. Tried the over boots but they get caught up on controls and don't give me a good feel for controls, so I carry the alpinestars when I tour. The gloves are the weak point, but they tend to mostly dry out overnight.

The daily kit is just jacket/pants/gloves/ski suspenders. Packs into a princess auto motorcycle cover bag so no worries on space.

Of course all this is what works for me, but what dafuq do I know.

This reminds me of the time that two brothers who were relatively new to riding were joining us for their first longer trip.
The morning of the trip, it was raining and these guys ride up in their "new" rain suits.
They had each bought a yellow rain suit from Mark's Work Wear. Everyone kind of chuckled as this was at least 15 years ago and the hi-viz thing wasn't as popular as it is now.

Riding along the interstate, I start to see these flashes of yellow flying past.
I think, WTF?
It turns out the pant legs of the rain suit (not designed for high winds) were literally shredding and flying off.
The pants were disintegrating as they rode.
We had to pull over for them to start wrapping black electrical tape around their legs!
They looked like fricken' bumble bees.
Awesome memory.
Lol!

Cheers,

Rob

I have ridden in, through and around Chicago 6 times.
Every time it has rained. Not a light sprinkle but an Ark building type of rain.
Maybe it was something I said.

Back
Top Bottom