What do you use on your leather suit? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What do you use on your leather suit?

Some valuable advice here, though I do have a few questions myself.

1. I got caught in the rain on my way home from the track the other weekend. Wearing my leathers for the first time at the track (and maybe the 5th time every), not previously treated, and I am soaked to the bone. Took about a week for it to dry, and I haven't had a chance to put them back on (unrelated cycling injuries, ugh). What would be a recommended treatment for rain-washed and dried out leathers? Just straight to the conditioners?

2. Is there any place local to the GTA (preferably downtown or West end) where I can source some of this Fiebings? I've found it on Amazon, but it's nearly double the price to ship to my door!

Thanks!

Some valuable advice here, though I do have a few questions myself.

1. I got caught in the rain on my way home from the track the other weekend. Wearing my leathers for the first time at the track (and maybe the 5th time every), not previously treated, and I am soaked to the bone. Took about a week for it to dry, and I haven't had a chance to put them back on (unrelated cycling injuries, ugh). What would be a recommended treatment for rain-washed and dried out leathers? Just straight to the conditioners?

2. Is there any place local to the GTA (preferably downtown or West end) where I can source some of this Fiebings? I've found it on Amazon, but it's nearly double the price to ship to my door!

Thanks!
No it's a Tack Shop product and hard to find. Many Tack shops stock the red dye products to enhance the saddle/tack looks. I buy it by the case but am ready to order a new couple cases. So I don't have much right now to spare.
Your suit might be a bit stiff but if you condition it ,even Vaseline will work. remember anything you would put on your hands,,, you should be fine. Condition it and after a few days wipe off the excess.

No it's a Tack Shop product and hard to find. Many Tack shops stock the red dye products to enhance the saddle/tack looks. I buy it by the case but am ready to order a new couple cases. So I don't have much right now to spare.
Your suit might be a bit stiff but if you condition it ,even Vaseline will work. remember anything you would put on your hands,,, you should be fine. Condition it and after a few days wipe off the excess.

Cool, that sounds simple enough - thanks!

Tandy Leather sells it. They have a store in Mississauga and Markham.

https://www.tandyleather.ca/en-cad/s...s/2199-00.aspx

Mississauga, that's perfect. Thanks for the info.

You just have to be careful with some stuff. The tack industry likes to add colouring to help get that saddle petina. It can get interesting with the lighter leathers like white. depending on the finish and colour it could yellow it if you use enough. The product is fine just watch the colour in it. Ask me how I got pink on my suit? Trust me, I'm not blowing smoke!!

You just have to be careful with some stuff. The tack industry likes to add colouring to help get that saddle petina. It can get interesting with the lighter leathers like white. depending on the finish and colour it could yellow it if you use enough. The product is fine just watch the colour in it. Ask me how I got pink on my suit? Trust me, I'm not blowing smoke!!

Nope.. I have a White/yellow/black jacket. Used this stuff on it and it never discoloured anything.

Back
Top Bottom