Brake pads for old bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brake pads for old bike?

Matt Rain

Site Supporter
I don't know what material my FJ rotors are made of. Should I stick with organic or am I okay using sintered pads like the EBC HH?

Current pads are Galfer organic something-something, installed by the PO just before he sold me the bike. They're pretty awful, and the rear is due for replacement soon.

Another option is the OEM pads, but they're significantly more expensive than the highly-regarded EBC HH.

It really depends how you use your bike. But If I were you I would invest more with brakes specially with brake pads.

I don't know what material my FJ rotors are made of. Should I stick with organic or am I okay using sintered pads like the EBC HH?

Current pads are Galfer organic something-something, installed by the PO just before he sold me the bike. They're pretty awful, and the rear is due for replacement soon.

Another option is the OEM pads, but they're significantly more expensive than the highly-regarded EBC HH.

If they are stock rotors, EBC or Ferodo pads work fine. I've used both in a variety of bikes.
Not knowing the age/mileage of your machine, you should probably have the rotors checked for minimum thickness as well.

Last edited:
Bike is 30 years old, 45k kms. Rotors seem to be some type of carbon steel, but I don't know for sure.

Ended up ordering four pairs of Ferodo pads, two organic and two sintered, will experiment in the front.

Them Ferodo Sintergrips are grabby as hell! I'm sure I'll adjust to them, but man.

Organic in the back feels fantastic.

Good stuff for US$25 a set. Made in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom