Robby Rocket | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Robby Rocket

I too have known Robby for about 30 years, a real character. I remember when he sold Kawasaki bikes. He had a bypass but kept on smoking. He had a stroke on Monday and didnt recover.

i just spoke to Rob Vondette (who is Rob Miklejohn' s) mechanic of 29 years. They are open for business.

416 746 1563

Funeral may be next Saturday.

BB

Last edited:
So sad.
Just heard last night at L&L.
He was there last week if I'm not mistaken.
Great guy.

RIP Robby.

really sad news... I cant believe it when my mom told me... I will continue his work by working for his company when i get older, as I am 14 at the moment... RIP Robby Rocket.

I've only dealt with Robby a few times, but each time he was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. This is a tremendous loss for the industry.

Robbie was an amazing guy. My sister Edith has known him for many years and he was
always there for us. When we needed a metal gate for our porch Robbie fabricated
a perfect one from iron.

Our deepest regrets to Anne and family.

I too have known Robby for about 30 years, a real character. I remember when he sold Kawasaki bikes. He had a bypass but kept on smoking. He had a stroke on Monday and didnt recover.

i just spoke to Rob Vondette (who is Rob Miklejohn' s) mechanic of 29 years. They are open for business.

416 746 1563

Funeral may be next Saturday.

BB
Any news/ update on funeral potentially on Saturday? Should I call the shop?

Any news/ update on funeral potentially on Saturday? Should I call the shop?

MEIKLEJOHN, Robert Stuart - Of Toronto Passed away on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 following a major stroke on Monday, June 8th. He was the son of the late Alex and Audrey Meiklejohn and brother of Gordon and Ann. Robby was the longtime owner of Rocket Motorcycle and a great friend of many who shared his passion for motorcycling. A graveside service will be held at the Harriston Cemetery, Harriston on Saturday, June 20th at 11:00 a.m. followed by a gathering of his family and friends at Ann's residence, 545 Morning Side Road, Newmarket at 2:00 p.m. Arrangements entrusted to the Hardy-Lee Funeral Home, Harriston. Online condolences may be left at www.hardyleefuneralhome.com

MEIKLEJOHN, Robert Stuart - Of Toronto Passed away on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 following a major stroke on Monday, June 8th. He was the son of the late Alex and Audrey Meiklejohn and brother of Gordon and Ann. Robby was the longtime owner of Rocket Motorcycle and a great friend of many who shared his passion for motorcycling. A graveside service will be held at the Harriston Cemetery, Harriston on Saturday, June 20th at 11:00 a.m. followed by a gathering of his family and friends at Ann's residence, 545 Morning Side Road, Newmarket at 2:00 p.m. Arrangements entrusted to the Hardy-Lee Funeral Home, Harriston. Online condolences may be left at www.hardyleefuneralhome.com

Thank You Rob. I won't be able to make the funeral I'll be working, but I can make the gathering after at Ann's if that's ok. I only met Robby a few times, but I'd like to pay my condolences in person. I'm certainly not family- but certainly somewhat of a friend.

Thank you for the update Rob, I will share with as many people as I can.
Likewise. However If anyone is having difficulty finding Ann's place, note it is Morning Sideroad. Straight shot up Bathurst. North of Davis Dr.

Thank you, Rob.
So (just to be clear) the cemetery is not in Newmarket - but up north of Elora, north of Guelph, right?
I will be in Harriston, Saturday A.M. then.
Leaving from south Etobicoke (in six-seater Buick) so PM me if anyone needs a ride!
Regards

His main ride lately:

On a ride back in 2012.
Robbie in black jacket standing.

Was a great day for a ride, and send off.
RIP Robbie.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I made a group for any of us who knew Robbie... so we can share memories/photos of him and maybe someone might want to organize a ride in honour of him. I know Simone wanted to have a party for him but I haven't heard from her yet. I hope we can all keep in touch.

Anyways link to the Robbie Motorcycle Memorial Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/847549662004476/

If you're not on Facebook you can still see everything posted there as it is public.

Thanks for the pictures , glad to see a lot of people came out

BB
likewise, I had work, I couldn't make it, when I get some time off I'll have to go and pay my respects on my own time.

Back
Top Bottom