Robby Rocket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Robby Rocket

yes. Ted Rose just came by with the news. Robby had a stroke yedsterday, and he didn't survive.

Terrible news. I've known Robert Stuart Mieklejohn off and on for over 40 years.
I spoke to him at the March bike show for quite some time, I'm sure he was unrepentant to the end.
If anyone finds out about funeral arrangements, please post.

Damn. I saw him I'm pretty sure last week at lnl, could have been the week before but damn. He was riding his new build the Judge i believe it is. Please post funeral arrangements.
RIP Robby

Really sad to hear this, just spoke to him last week, known Robbie for the past 15 or so years. RIP

Really sad to hear this, just spoke to him last week, known Robbie for the past 15 or so years. RIP

He was my go-to mechanic for the past 30+ years. One of the few remaining old-school mechanics. No internet presence, just started getting out ot the shows to promote his shop.

I was at the shop 3 weeks ago, just hanging around, the guys wre BBQ'ing out back.

RIP.

Robby was a hell of a character and a great guy. Going to miss him for sure.

Wow. Hard to believe that he was 60 or so.
We used to sit around in winter inside his 'new' shop back in the 1970s, and dream...
There goes a whole lot of old-school knowledge - and a genuine good guy too.
RIP bro

Last edited:
Didn't know of him until this thread. Seemed to be a good guy, and well liked. RIP Robby.

I have known Robby on an off for 35 years. His shop and Mike Crompton built my first race bike in 1980 .He was a real character and helpful guy. I bumped into him at Rosey Toes 3 weeks ago, we were both getting some tires changed. We sat in the swinging patio chair outside Teds, and talked about the old days. It was good to see him. He was just the way I remembered him, maybe a little mellower. He invited me to a charity ride this summer. I will miss him. He was an icon in Canadian motorcycle racing!

Saddened to hear this,he will be missed,to call him a character would be an understatement ,but he definitely was .we have lost someone special. RIP Robbie hope there is a garbonzo waiting for you

Oh ffs ! I have known him for 30 years as well ... really cool knowledgeable old school guy ... terrible loss to the motorcycle family .... Rest in Peace Robby. ..

Sent from my SM-N900W8

Really really sad news. Bike shops in the city come and go over many years but only a few old skoolers still have there shops open and rocket was one of them. Now Robby can rest at ease with his beloved dogs. My condolence to his family and friends. Rip rocket Robby!

Back
Top Bottom