Downtown Toronto Parking Motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Downtown Toronto Parking Motorcycle

moe458

I'm planning to ride to work in downtown Toronto near wellington / york. I'm a bit scared of theft and etc...any precautions I need to take when parking downtown ??
I don't have a chain lock or alarm in the bike...is it safe to park and where??

I don't see a reason during the day along the street.. As long as it's a busy street you should be okay.

I live 2 mins from there. Heavy police presence everywhere and most buildings you park in front of will have security cameras covering the street immediately in front of them. That said, if you can park in a more secure underground that's always a good thing. However, you should be fine.

Heh :)
Working at Wellington and York. Nearest parking on a front street between Yonge and Bay.
As in all other place - Alarm, chain and whatever you prefer doesn't help you to stop loading your bike in to the van.
But it is many cameras around downtown and it is crowdy here which is additional risk for thieves. I didn't heard about bike stolen from DT parking but condo "safe" underground parking.

Hmmm i found some bikes parked between bay and yonge seems like i will take my chances there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Street side parking is safe from theft in general. Underground parking gives theives cover.

These days I pretty much figure that my bike is unsafe anywhere downtown. A couple of weeks back I interrupted a scumbag who was stripping a bicycle, at 11:00am on a weekday, on a sidestreet with a little traffic, but a lot of foot traffic. He got away with about half of what he wanted, when he realized I was walking toward him.

These days I pretty much figure that my bike is unsafe anywhere downtown. A couple of weeks back I interrupted a scumbag who was stripping a bicycle, at 11:00am on a weekday, on a sidestreet with a little traffic, but a lot of foot traffic. He got away with about half of what he wanted, when he realized I was walking toward him.
Is your en650 worth ripping off to a theif?
I've seen two ducati penagale's downtown and other nice bikes. Mainly in the designated motorcycle parking areas.

Is your en650 worth ripping off to a theif?
I've seen two ducati penagale's downtown and other nice bikes. Mainly in the designated motorcycle parking areas.

No, it isn't. Then again neither are some of the older sportbikes that have been taken from condos. I'm simply stating that safety is an illusion and SOME precautions should be taken anyway.

Back
Top Bottom