80kph in left lane on DVP | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

80kph in left lane on DVP

So happy right now! Every week there is at least one idiot holding up traffic on 401/427, creating a train of cars behind them while in front of them is open far 's eye can see. Sometimes people (not me of course) get ahead of them and slow way WAYYYY down until the idiot gets tired and switches lanes :D

Wow.. I'm impressed. Cops actually ticketed this hear. First time I've heard of this happening in Ontario... I'm sure it happened before but how about issuing more of these type of tickets cops!

OP, glad to see you enforcing this, but don't just post on Twitter. Get it on City Pulse & local news so the message really gets out. I suspect owners of Toyotas & older Buicks don't follow Twitter.

BTW, I hope you actually wrote him a ticket & not just gave him a warning. That way the news will be that Police are serious about this.

Last edited:
OP, glad to see you enforcing this, but don't just post on Twitter. Get it on City Pulse & local news so the message really gets out. I suspect owners of Toyotas & older Buicks don't follow Twitter.

BTW, I hope you actually wrote him a ticket & not just gave him a warning. That way the news will be that Police are serious about this.

agree with Face on this. Also how about ticketing the fools this morning who don't have headlights on in the thick fog. I did see some police presence on my regular route (2 cops actually) but from the way they were parked it seemed to be for speed trapping..

OP didn't enforce aanything he merely posted tweets from the TPS bike squad. Was merely reposting here for our info. It would be up to TPS to get the message to the media. Not sure CP24 and CityTv would consider someone getting a ticket, (unless it was during a blitz), news worthy..lol

OP didn't enforce aanything he merely posted tweets from the TPS bike squad. Was merely reposting here for our info. It would be up to TPS to get the message to the media. Not sure CP24 and CityTv would consider someone getting a ticket, (unless it was during a blitz), news worthy..lol
So, I had a question. How come law enforcement here makes a bug song and dance about RIDE programs and blitzs.. I'd rather them just do the blitzes and RIDE programs without announcing it. That way a ton more people will be caught and hopefully charged. Sure, there are still those that get caught. Back when I was a lad In kiwi land, cops would do drink driving checkpoints at all times of the day. Best time to catch people was Saturday and Sunday mornings as a lot of people were still legally drunk from the night before.

So, I had a question. How come law enforcement here makes a bug song and dance about RIDE programs and blitzs.. I'd rather them just do the blitzes and RIDE programs without announcing it. That way a ton more people will be caught and hopefully charged. Sure, there are still those that get caught. Back when I was a lad In kiwi land, cops would do drink driving checkpoints at all times of the day. Best time to catch people was Saturday and Sunday mornings as a lot of people were still legally drunk from the night before.

you a cop?

The whole idea of the RIDE program and other blitzes is public awareness and education. The RIDE program is very visible and raises public awareness, but the largest majority of drunks still get nabbed by regular patrols.

RIDE programs are announced, but they generally don't tell you exactly where they will be. The idea is education and deterrent, (those who are smart will say "RIDE is out I am not even risking it"). Others will drive impaired regardless. Most people think they are sober enough to drive. When I stopped them mst had no idea they were as intoxicated as they were. (Note didn't use the term drunk, because drunkeness can actually be a defence). In that if you are SO drunk then the courts have ruled you may not have been able to form the intent to commit the offence. Subtle distinction..

So they announce ride will be out, we all know they will be out for say super bowl, holiday seasons etc, so the announcements don't "tip their hand". Plus of course the media wants the pronouncements as it gives them something to do...lol

Hedo and Griff, thanks for the replies .

No. But I dislike people who drink and drive.
Me too but you mentioned blitz as well which lead me to think you are pro all those stupid tickets we get for doing 15 ovre and paying for it through the nose for 3 years in our insurance bill.

Im pro RIDE programs but i absolutely cant stand the cash cow they are running by ticketing people for the dumbest things while now also trying to take away our rights to fight them.

Hence why i asked.

Back
Top Bottom