Anyone heading to TMP this weekend the 13th & 14th June | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone heading to TMP this weekend the 13th & 14th June

smudger

I'll be heading down there for the Sunday sessions.
I was going to go on the Saturday but Cayuga is 70% chance of light rain all day for Saturday whereas the Sunday forecast is sunny & dry.

See you there Stephen.
Forecast has changed & both days look really good now for the weather down at TMP - both days nice & sunny.

That was a great day. I was there sat on the gsxr 1000. Blue n white

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I was there...made a couple videos. Here's one. Maybe y'all make a cameo! Or better yet...feature!

[video=youtube;7stOEf8WNqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7stOEf8WNqw[/video]

I was there...made a couple videos. Here's one. Maybe y'all make a cameo! Or better yet...feature!

It's funny that this morning i went to NovaEra in Ajax and i was talikng to your father, about Sergio his son that is doing trak days and he has a bmw..in this case it is you! Wow... i was just checking on gtam and here you are.lol;-)

It's funny that this morning i went to NovaEra in Ajax and i was talikng to your father, about Sergio his son that is doing trak days and he has a bmw..in this case it is you! Wow... i was just checking on gtam and here you are.lol;-)

ummm thats not sergio:(.. you must be talking about the other bmw that was there.

lol..really? I don't know i saw Sergios name on the clip. Oh well..

Last edited:
He might be in their somewhere but that guy on the starting shot is not sergio.. 2 s1k bikes are in the video.. one is taking the video(not sergio).

For anyone watching this video, before you watch it, turn off your speakers. The music is beyond terrible... I watched about 15 seconds with sound on and couldn't stomach it any more -hearing the raw engine sound would be MUCH preferable.
For red group, the laps are on the slow side, but enjoyable to watch the lining up for passing maneuvers etc.

im not Sergio....but he is in the video with the BMW with the alien head sticker and the grey Spyke leathers��

For anyone watching this video, before you watch it, turn off your speakers. The music is beyond terrible... I watched about 15 seconds with sound on and couldn't stomach it any more -hearing the raw engine sound would be MUCH preferable.
For red group, the laps are on the slow side, but enjoyable to watch the lining up for passing maneuvers etc.

haha UK Grime is an acquired taste

I did the same! I was like "This is what passes for music these days?".
I thought the same about the "red group" but then I remembered that for some stupid reason TMP days do not use the same colours as every other track day organizer. Is red really the highest level group at TMP days?

I did the same! I was like "This is what passes for music these days?".
I thought the same about the "red group" but then I remembered that for some stupid reason TMP days do not use the same colours as every other track day organizer. Is red really the highest level group at TMP days?

a) UK Grime is a genre of (call it hip hop / rap) localized to the UK and it has been around for well over 20 years. It's a derivative of Drum & Bass and their authentic underground hip hop scene. If nothing else it is original and not a carbon copy of US urban culture. I lived in the UK for 8 years and came to appreciate it for what it is. That "music" on the video is a) 10 years old, b) context relevant c) nostalgic to me as it marks both the time and place where I began tracking. The beats are awkward and the lyrical tones and cadence is also awkward to the North American ear that's for sure, but hey I like it.

b) Different tracks have different colour systems. Some have blue as the top group colour, some have green as the top group colour and some have red. I default to the green, yellow, red scheme in casual talk as it is the most common I have found. Also on that day the field had been crunched to 2 groups only: white for novice and (black with a red circle) for some reason. PS other names I have heard for the top group are: "Advanced", "Fast Group", "Hot Shoe", "Hot Sh#t", or references to the colour itself.

Glad to see you guys aren't getting hung up on the details.

Glad to see you guys aren't getting hung up on the details.

Hey, all I said was, in a nutshell:
a) Music is terrible.
b) Seems slow to be red, but still good to see passing maneuvers

All Dave said was:
a) Music is terrible.
b) Questioned colour / group at TMP.

We both track regularly and are well aware of the flag systems at different tracks. Sometimes TMP uses Green/Yellow/Red, sometimes not. SMP uses White/Yellow/Blue regularly as well, so people don't get confused with potential red flags (crash incidents) on the race track.

I got some better music loaded up for you though...I do like to change it up:

[video=youtube;icV6L8iLjlU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icV6L8iLjlU[/video]

Top group at Cayuga usually runs 1:16 to 1:23 laps times I find, but yes on this day the turn out was low and the top guys on the day (maybe 3 of us, including my self) were barely braking 1:20, so it was a slow day. I heard about a few 1:18s on the day but I also think some lap timers were off a little ;)

Also, the afore mentioned Sergio is in this video as well ^...look out for the S1K with the alien head sticker on the underside of the tail.

Last edited:
**** it's like you can't even talk around here anymore... whatevz.

Back
Top Bottom