Beware of Dukes of cycle and Mv Agusta | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Dukes of cycle and Mv Agusta

Newer ducatis have longer service intervals. Desmo services are at every 25k for Most models. Where older desmo ducs were 13k-15k. I could be wrong on that. So European bikes are improving.. European bikes will always have soul and passion

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I've said it many times before, my 2007 Tuono is the most reliable bike I have ever owned. It's in its 8th season with me now.

And they're astoundingly cheap on kijiji....

Interesting

Nothing wrong with MV bikes. My F4 never had a problem. I would only get service on an Mv or any Italian bike at corsa meccanica, Pro 6, apex cycle or Giovanni.
these are the only places I would trust to work on my Mv F4, aprilia RSV4 and Panigale R.
same thing when I get an MVF3 800

Nothing wrong with MV bikes. My F4 never had a problem. I would only get service on an Mv or any Italian bike at corsa meccanica, Pro 6, apex cycle or Giovanni.
these are the only places I would trust to work on my Mv F4, aprilia RSV4 and Panigale R.
These places can't do warranty work as my bike was under warranty.. Having less than 3000km bike was leaking from lower crankcase, clutch cover and leaking from waterpunp .. Dukes of cycle don't care about customers service. Carmen only thinks about his wallet tries to scam people when he can..he can't be trusted. I'm not knocking the brand. When it's comes to warranty u have dukes of cycle or sturgess. But after almost weeks of dealing with mv rep..Good luck getting in touch with him..He's very busy guy as many conversation I had with him he doesn't want to deal with clients always contact your dealer. Bottom line mv doesn't have a customer service support unless u call Italy directly and pay long distance.. Carmen did give me back 1/3 of my money back.. Guess he seen this thread...just beware of dukes get things in writing.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Looks wise yes. Mv makes easily the best looking sport bike ever. Aren't you on a 750 already? Wouldn't be much of an upgrade if any at all and twice the pain in the balls to deal with for parts/service. I'd love one but always said it would have to be my second bike.

Yes I am, but MV is sooooooo damn pretty...

Ostentatious much?

Sturgess is good, they were honest to me.

I love the Dragster 800, was fun to ride and looks gorgeous but at the end wasn't worth the money IMO.

Hi all. New to the forum. I own a 2011 F4 and recently had it "serviced" at sturgess.
They butchered my bike. I took pictures of all the mistakes they made. They even asked me to
fix all the issues they caused. I never will go back there again.
I honestly suggest not even buying an mv there either.
Seriously it was disgusting.

Hi all. New to the forum. I own a 2011 F4 and recently had it "serviced" at sturgess.
They butchered my bike. I took pictures of all the mistakes they made. They even asked me to

I actually never did any service there, they told me to go somewhere else since they weren't specializing in Aprilia bikes. I appreciate that they were being honest. To be frankly, I have been to some shops and never really satisfied with their service. I was actually surprised that I couldn't trust any motorcycle dealers in Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have heard the same story.

I haven't had parts or service issues so much with my Aprilia, just complete cluelessness of operating a business from Wheelsport in Orleans. I would not recommend anyone purchase from them, either. If they could. They don't return phone calls, so...

These damn spaghetti burners. I don't know why anyone buys them.

Because rice burners are so common and cheap and as unreliable and as likely to break down and have service problems as any other bike....that's why. ;) And if you seriously think otherwise, you just don't have enough experience to know any better. :p

I'll never go back to a rice burner after owning European and American bikes. They just don't inspire, and leave me wanting "more'...the type of more they could never deliver. :cool:

They're just plain....borrrrring!!!! Give me a pasta burner!!! :)

My Japanese bikes don't compare all that well to the Italians I have owned over the last 8 years. 9th season with the Tuono coming up shortly, only real maintenance issue was suggested valve check which needed a couple of shims. Not unexpected given that I have spent a good deal of time on the throttle of that bike, to say the least.

Last edited:
staying with the thread, i met carmen at dukes, and i found him to be a pleasant sort of fellow. and i've met a few of his customers, riders who do like and trust him.
he has been quite frank in our discussion about some past employees he's had in the past and it appears they don't work there any longer.
he does keep a nice clean shop, which in my "old school"view, is an indication that he is organized.
why didn't i take my F4 to him instead of sturgess ? simple...carmen was swamped and I thought it would be just as good taking it to a dealer.
my mistake...would i order parts from Dukes ? sure i would, but being a licensed tech myself, I'm getting some new tooling to do service work
in my home myself. as i have had nothing but grief with dealers, and there is Speedworx in markham. I also know Fawaz and think his staff do superb
work as they've done for me in the past.yes on my F4. most recently regarding stripped screw threads at the bottom of lower crank case, yes due to sturgess
the thread says:" and MV Agusta". I disagree that MV Agusta is at fault for anything here, as I mentioned in another thread, they are still new in Canada and are
experiencing the same things that Ducati has when they arrived here, not many dealers and experienced technical help to do the job.
still doesn't excuse a dealership to botch up a job. Just had to politely say they didn't have the experience necessary and i would have gone to either dukes or speedworx.
AND they would still have a customer. probably go there for kawasaki parts for my 1997 ZX11, but fat chance of that now.
In my opinion, good customer service DOES include good qualified and capable motorcycle repair service.
perhaps it's because carmen is so passionate of MV Agusta and just wants to be thorough.
Look, there will always be a difference of opinions no matter the subject, one thing I know is that MV Agusta hand builds motorcycles that are world class and are starting to
take podium finishes in the races they are now involved in. and they're AWSOME bikes at that !
Give it time, My only question is...Will AMG start making a difference soon.

Last edited:
Completely unrelated, but wanted to mentioned it: The Dukes Of Cycle website has been flagged by Google as "This site may be hacked".

3 years ago, Carmen told me my F4 needed an engine rebuild, the bike had around 5,000kms at the time; he claimed he could hear a ticking noise and the engine could let go at any time, I walked out. At 17,000kms now the engine is still running perfectly. He serviced the bike twice and both times, I felt I was being taken.
What about Sturgess in Hamilton? They are a MV dealer and so far I have no complaints.

I like that...!!
Carmen is an ***..!!!

I have an F4 2012
called Carmen from Dukes as soon as i got my new QD exhaust, New Tires and Bazzaz Tuner. When I called him for a quote he gave me close to $1400 to do exhaust install with bazaaz and new tires with new tail tidy as the old tail tidy won't fit the new exhaust.
so long story short he told me $1400 plus $200 to pick up the bike later after a month as he was too busy to start work on my bike right away.
So while discussing the quote over the phone after 3 mins he said "U got 1 more minute to ask whatever you wanna ask, I can't be on the phone giving free advices." for which I felt little off and decided to call other available options.
I called Riders Choice on Queensway and they gave my $900 quote and also told me that they could pick up the bike in another HOUR OR TWO for $50 extra...which was like WOWWWW...!!
so I decided to go with them and since then after they won my trust by doing all the installs on my bike for the quoted price I later decided to go for almost $5K worth of Bike Gear and little more upgrades on my bike...
Sorry Carmen U ****** UP...!!

3 years ago, Carmen told me my F4 needed an engine rebuild, the bike had around 5,000kms at the time; he claimed he could hear a ticking noise and the engine could let go at any time, I walked out. At 17,000kms now the engine is still running perfectly. He serviced the bike twice and both times, I felt I was being taken.
What about Sturgess in Hamilton? They are a MV dealer and so far I have no complaints.

I've known three people with MV's who have dealt with Dukes. With my small sampling size, he has a 100% success rate;
if customers not returning is the goal ...

I hear Sturgess lost both their techs at the start of the winter. Who knows where they found MV qualified replacements (or more accurately, if)

I've known three people with MV's who have dealt with Dukes. With my small sampling size, he has a 100% success rate;
if customers not returning is the goal ...

I hear Sturgess lost both their techs at the start of the winter. Who knows where they found MV qualified replacements (or more accurately, if)

Sturgess just serviced my wife's bike, new Sprag-clutch installed and an oil change, no issues, great service, very friendly staff.

OMG, is this a ***** forum? I just joined, & saw this thread, here is what I think
I have used Carmine since buying my Brutale 1090R, he has been nothing but thorough, & does Excellent work, attention to detail bar none: for example, I stopped in to get some oil & a filter (I do my own oil changes sometimes), he was doing an oil change on a Duke (I call Ducati's Duke, NOT Ducks!), & noted the the drain bolt magnet was broken, the last person that did the oil change would have had to drop the bolt, break the freekin' magnet, & re-install it broken, duh! ~ upon showing me this, Carmine reminded me I needed a new crush washer on my bolt, & he gave me one, for free!, the consistency, with which Carmine presents, for me is worth the cost, he's not cheap, thank god, he will be in busy for years, have good tools, & an awesome space to work in ~ if you wanted cheap (& more dependable then Italian), you should have bought Japanese ...

Back
Top Bottom