Beware of Dukes of cycle and Mv Agusta | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Dukes of cycle and Mv Agusta

SicScarp29

Beware of dukes of cycle.. I'll try make this story short. Dropped off my mv back on March 6th. For a lower crankcase leak which is common, clutch cover, rad hose leaks. All under warranty

On April 17 got a call from Carmen stated I need a new battery, I said ok so u started on the bike he said,no not yet I should have the bike by end of April, after that I didn't hear from him on may 6th which he sent a email stating bike is ready.
This what was said:
Bikes ready
It needs a battery, u can't ride it without one.
Plus there's a balance due cause warranty doesn't cover the following;
Air box clamp broken
Air box thread needing rethreading
Shroud mount threads damaged
Tank bolt thread damaged
Powercommander re/re
Lower cowl bolts stripped
Oil and coolant and filter
Battery re/re to run bike for testing
Aftermarket exhaust re/re
Chain link
Sorry but I can't do **** for free man.
I need at least 300$- that's a fuckin low price considering what I had to do.

NOT once did he call.. But my bike did have Aftermarket parts but leaks were noted b4 Aftermarket were on. After paying Carmen. He said mv agusta doesn't pay me enough for the warranty work I do he also said that I wasn't the first or be last that I charge extra for warranty..
Oh good luck trying to talk to the mv agusta rep u send emails he gets back to you 3 4 weeks later,not a friendly guy ethier. Think twice before buying a mv or dealing with dukes

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Beware of dukes of cycle.. I'll try make this story short. Dropped off my mv back on March 6th. For a lower crankcase leak which is common, clutch cover, rad hose leaks. All under warranty

On April 17 got a call from Carmen stated I need a new battery, I said ok so u started on the bike he said,no not yet I should have the bike by end of April, after that I didn't hear from him on may 6th which he sent a email stating bike is ready.
This what was said:
Bikes ready
It needs a battery, u can't ride it without one.
Plus there's a balance due cause warranty doesn't cover the following;
Air box clamp broken
Air box thread needing rethreading
Shroud mount threads damaged
Tank bolt thread damaged
Powercommander re/re
Lower cowl bolts stripped
Oil and coolant and filter
Battery re/re to run bike for testing
Aftermarket exhaust re/re
Chain link
Sorry but I can't do **** for free man.
I need at least 300$- that's a ****in low price considering what I had to do.

NOT once did he call.. But my bike did have Aftermarket parts but leaks were noted b4 Aftermarket were on. After paying Carmen. He said mv agusta doesn't pay me enough for the warranty work I do he also said that I wasn't the first or be last that I charge extra for warranty..
Oh good luck trying to talk to the mv agusta rep u send emails he gets back to you 3 4 weeks later,not a friendly guy ethier. Think twice before buying a mv or dealing with dukes

so he damaged all those parts taking it apart then charged you for them?
really, stripped bolts should be on him. and whats with the chain link?
regardless of it being OEM or aftermarket exhaust they usually mount in the same spots, so if MV tells him to take the OEM exhaust off theres no extra time to take some aftermarket one off.

Exactly.. oh he had to drop lower crankcase. Guess he had take the chain off or maybe he broke it..he never called me since April 17. I contacted the rep for mv and he said your lucky he didn't charge you more. Even when bike was leaking b4 back in July 2014. Which Carmen couldn't do he over books was to busy.. Tim masserelli from mv agusta was aware I was putting Aftermarket exhaust. Said we shouldn't have this discussion. But since we're dropping the lower crankcase he can put new exhaust.. Which was easy and did it my self he wanted to charge 2.5, 3 hours @120 a hour.. After long delays going back and fourth with emails with rep..he agreed that Carmen will give some money back and that I need to contact Carmen.. I sent someone over to collect. Even if it was less then half I didn't care at this point.. And course he didn't want to give them money and hr sent a email I'm not giving anything and and should've been more and I must be hurting for the money... Lmao wow. He gets my vote for shady person

Ultimately it's on MV for having such crap support in the first place. Boutique Italian... Those two words together should make one wary before purchase. Way way better off with ducati and aprilia.

Dukes of cycle was always small-time. If a manufacturer relies on them for warranty work in a market this size, forget it.

Ultimately it's on MV for having such crap support in the first place. Boutique Italian... Those two words together should make one wary before purchase. Way way better off with ducati and aprilia.

Dukes of cycle was always small-time. If a manufacturer relies on them for warranty work in a market this size, forget it.

+1

Yikes. Sorry to hear OP.

My friend's new F4 has had several issues already; they won't fix the heat shielding which is separating from the fairing because it's "a wear item" or some such thing... has already replaced the tank from swelling and he had to assist the mechanics with that after they fiddled with everything for hours and finally were going to start beating on it with a hammer... in general he's already endured lots of hassles. He went to two different dealers (one somewhere in the GTA and one in Ottawa) and both had poor skills in general and little experience with the bikes in particular. The F4 is fast and he enjoys riding it, but the MV experience has worn out its welcome with him already - and he was expecting it! I'll ask him if Dukes was one of them that he took the bike to.

As for Aprilia, George @ Corsa may be a lot of things, but when my RSV4 went in for work (at my request) last year, he found and fixed a warranty issue with no expense to me and did it in the agreed-upon time. Same goes for work I had done at Wheelsport in Ottawa. Gearhead did the work fairly well, just took too long to do it (all freaking day for a 1000k service?!). I have had no issues at all with Aprilia's part sourcing either, which some people have complained about. To date the parts arrived sooner and were cheaper than Suzuki parts - with the exception of the Akrapovic pipe & ecu update which was a bit pricy.

So like mmmnaked said, I also would suggest Aprilia or Ducati if you want an Italian bike. MV says lots of things about improving, maybe they will.

Sorry to hear man. Just ride the **** out of the other bikes and forget about MV and their bs

Last edited:
I hear this same crap here and there about MV's bikes. Are they really that fragile? I'm in love with the F3 800 and want to upgrade to it for next year

I hear this same crap here and there about MV's bikes. Are they really that fragile? I'm in love with the F3 800 and want to upgrade to it for next year
Looks wise yes. Mv makes easily the best looking sport bike ever. Aren't you on a 750 already? Wouldn't be much of an upgrade if any at all and twice the pain in the balls to deal with for parts/service. I'd love one but always said it would have to be my second bike.

Looks wise yes. Mv makes easily the best looking sport bike ever. Aren't you on a 750 already? Wouldn't be much of an upgrade if any at all and twice the pain in the balls to deal with for parts/service. I'd love one but always said it would have to be my second bike.
Don't get me wrong.. I loved my brutale it was a fun bike traction control does ****,but my issue was service, and wait times and bike having under 6500km, with so many issues

Carmen over books, he takes forever, promises the world bla bla and he is the owner and works alone no other techs there... Mv agusta Canada doesn't have a number only email if u need to call head office u call in Italy directly. U get a email and when sending.. U won't get a response for 3-4 weeks or longer.. Our season is short.. So when buying be prepared for this

Also dukes of cycle and sturgess can only do warranty work in the gta area

Last edited:
Speedworx has done all my mechanical work. That's two 12k kms service, involving valve adjustments. At my next 12k service at 36000 kms I'll be taking the bike back to Fawaz. A good mechanic is a good mechanic, warranty or not.
I took my bike into Sturgess for the mapping update.

No issues of note for my 2013 with over 31000 kms. But is my experience an outlier? Or do owners with issues vocalize their frustrations more than those owners who are happy?

But it didn't you put an arrow exhaust on your brute and then had issues getting it mapped with the bazzaz ECU? Champion cycles work on it too, didn't they?

MV has never been an easy brand to own, but those who want easier Italian ownership can alway buy Ducati or Aprilia.

Last edited:
Speedworx has done all my mechanical work. That's two 12k kms service, involving valve adjustments. At my next 12k service at 36000 kms I'll be taking the bike back to Fawaz. A good mechanic is a good mechanic, warranty or not.
I took my bike into Sturgess for the mapping update.

No issues of note for my 2013 with over 31000 kms. But is my experience an outlier? Or do owners with issues vocalize their frustrations more than those owners who are happy?

But it didn't you put an arrow exhaust on your brute and then had issues getting it mapped with the bazzaz ECU? Champion cycles work on it too, didn't they?

MV has never been an easy brand to own, but those who want easier Italian ownership can alway buy Ducati or Aprilia.
Champion cycle only installed the pc5, that was another nightmare, but the oil leaks happen b4 then..whole point here is that Carmen ripped me off without my authorization and he stated mv agusta doesn't pay enough for warranty so I make my customers pay lil extra.
I wasn't the first or be the last. And theres more to story,Which I won't share bottom line he has no manners or people skills and unethical business practice

3 years ago, Carmen told me my F4 needed an engine rebuild, the bike had around 5,000kms at the time; he claimed he could hear a ticking noise and the engine could let go at any time, I walked out. At 17,000kms now the engine is still running perfectly. He serviced the bike twice and both times, I felt I was being taken.
What about Sturgess in Hamilton? They are a MV dealer and so far I have no complaints.

3 years ago, Carmen told me my F4 needed an engine rebuild, the bike had around 5,000kms at the time; he claimed he could hear a ticking noise and the engine could let go at any time, I walked out. At 17,000kms now the engine is still running perfectly. He serviced the bike twice and both times, I felt I was being taken.
What about Sturgess in Hamilton? They are a MV dealer and so far I have no complaints.
Never dealt with sturgess.. But heard good things about them

Never dealt with sturgess.. But heard good things about them

Sturgess is good, they were honest to me.

I love the Dragster 800, was fun to ride and looks gorgeous but at the end wasn't worth the money IMO.

I could never have a European bike as my only bike. Seeing that you paid a premium you'd expect to be well taken care of.

My present bike has 70k on it & only requires oil changes & regular maintenance.

Best of luck to you

I could never have a European bike as my only bike. Seeing that you paid a premium you'd expect to be well taken care of.

My present bike has 70k on it & only requires oil changes & regular maintenance.

Best of luck to you
I only paid 11,500 for 2011.
I got rid of the bike.

Best of luck to you

My european bike has 50k on it and only requires oil changes and regular maintenance.

Depends on the bike, my friend...older Aprilias that use Rotax engines and most of the new Triumphs don't have crazy extra cost involved with ownership.

I've said it many times before, my 2007 Tuono is the most reliable bike I have ever owned. It's in its 8th season with me now.

Back
Top Bottom