ZX6R Won't Start | GTAMotorcycle.com

ZX6R Won't Start

victorbrca

Site Supporter
So I picked my bike from the storage yesterday. Installed the battery and could not start it. Got this weird noise that seems to be coming from the fuse box under the seat:

https://youtu.be/6jC5wMwTD6I

I can push start it no problem. Any ideas?

Some people is saying it's the battery. Even thou I removed it for the winter and plugged in the tender once in a while. ?

If you have an actual battery tender (something with a float mode) then you should leave it connected to the battery all winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kellen is right, get a new battery.

I do, but I was away for 3 months. Didn't want to leave it plugged in. When I came back the first thing I did was plug it in for a couple of days.

The weird part is that my high beams work, but my low beams don't. They keep flickering when I'm at the lights and then they stop when I start moving.

Anyways, thanks for the comments. I'm gonna take the battery to check tomorrow and potentially get a new one.

If you have an actual battery tender (something with a float mode) then you should leave it connected to the battery all winter.
I cooked two batteries doing that :( Now I just connect them once a month for a day and haven't had a problem since.

I do, but I was away for 3 months. Didn't want to leave it plugged in. When I came back the first thing I did was plug it in for a couple of days.

The weird part is that my high beams work, but my low beams don't. They keep flickering when I'm at the lights and then they stop when I start moving.

Anyways, thanks for the comments. I'm gonna take the battery to check tomorrow and potentially get a new one.
Are the terminals for the battery securely fastened?

Is it possible your regulator is bad? I think putting a new battery in and measuring the voltage would be best. I have had no issues using a battery tender nonstop during storage.

I went to Canadian Tire and had them test the battery, the guy said it was ok and that it needed charge. But thinking about it, I used the same tender to charge my car battery in two days, which was completely drained. So I got a new battery and it worked perfectly. Just didn't have a chance to take it for a ride due to the crappy weather.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Back
Top Bottom