Another tire thread...advice needed. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another tire thread...advice needed.

jc100

I need new tires. I have a reasonably heavy road biased adventure bike, a triumph tiger 1050. My Michelin pilot road 3 s have worn in a weird way and they are flat in the middle and angled at the sides. So I need some advice on the following which are all 90% road tires 10% gravel/dirt.

Pirelli Scorpion trail, Metzeler Tourance Next, Continental Trail Attack II.

Now I know that tires behave differently on different bikes but what I'm looking for is a tire that will wear evenly, that I can occasionally take down mild dirt tracks, and that has good wet weather braking and grip. If the tire tracks well over tar snakes that's also a plus because there's ****ing millions of them about.

anyone got any input? I would put the Michelin Pilot Road 4s on but this uneven wear across the different compounds has me a bit concerned.

I have the trail attack II and really like them on a KTM 1190 fantastic grip on the road and decent off road grip

sent from a device using a program

Isn't a flat middle just a sign that you don't do a lot of twisties and is pretty much inevitable on any tires in this province of straight roads if you do a lot of commuting? Mine are getting square and I'm on a lightweight sportbike.

Isn't a flat middle just a sign that you don't do a lot of twisties and is pretty much inevitable on any tires in this province of straight roads if you do a lot of commuting? Mine are getting square and I'm on a lightweight sportbike.

It is yes. Always a lot of slab to get to good roads. What has me bothered is the weird wear at the join between the edge and middle compounds. The tires seem petty angular. I have had them a while though. Kind of leaning towards the continentals as they are a single compound treated differently in the middle than the edge.

Bummer..Petes don't have the 120 70 R17 front, only the rear 180 55 17 for the trail attack II

Pirelli might be the next option. Anyone got experience with the Scorpion Trails?

Back
Top Bottom