Best track to go to | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best track to go to

samuray

Where would be the best track to go to? I am a beginner and never tracked. I am very interested in going to one this season.

1. best course? (heard great things with racer5)
2. best value? (TMP, I believe is the cheapest)
3. distance??
4. education?
5. just lapping?

I understand this is very subjective but looking for experience riders input

thanks

Start with the Racer5 course. Doesn't matter which track, just take the course that fits in your schedule. Then decide ...

This and once you get your course make sure you ride in a variety of courses, some people just ride one always without ever venturing to other tracks.
Start with the Racer5 course. Doesn't matter which track, just take the course that fits in your schedule. Then decide ...

This and once you get your course make sure you ride in a variety of courses, some people just ride one always without ever venturing to other tracks.

Correct...
Started with TMP, so it's got a soft spot for me....
Then did GB and crashed....
Then did SMP and loved it.
Then did Mosport DDT (current configuration after repaving etc) and had a blast.

Did multiple days at each track except the DDT so far.
Those are the only 4 tracks I have ridden.

Want to do more tracks of course...
But so far, SMP is my beyond awesome favourite track and I can't wait to get there again, despite the "leave at 5am sharp" clause.

Go to Bogie. It will be your new favourite. Until you look at your empty wallet.

and Big Track at CTMP, super intimidating but awesome!

For what it's worth, being new to Trackdays or a track there is a lot to take in, as others have said any course or school is a great start. Depending on how dedicated you are and how many days you plan on doing, I'd suggest sticking to the same track the first few times out, learning the lines and remembering the corners takes time (or at least it did for me). The various layouts at SMP (Nelson/Fabi/Long) have similar elements making it a bit easier and still offering variety. I think I spent my first season solely at SMP then ventured out to the other tracks.

Where would be the best track to go to? I am a beginner and never tracked. I am very interested in going to one this season.

1. best course? (heard great things with racer5)
2. best value? (TMP, I believe is the cheapest)
3. distance??
4. education?
5. just lapping?

I understand this is very subjective but looking for experience riders input

thanks

You have not been paying attention and clearly have not looked at track day pricing at all the tracks. FAST Riding School at Shannonville or Racer5 at Grand Bend. Can't go wrong with either. Definitely take a school before going to an open track day so you don't get all the "experts" trying to teach you bad habits. Which track will be your favourite is up to you. My favourite doesn't really matter.

Anything but TMP

LOL... ;)

Tmp has had issues with safety, and the organization can be really bad add the highest prices in the area and see what comes of it. I won't go back until the price comes back to 140 or less. Waiting for a trackday to start while the owner is dicking around on the track with his car wasting a few sessions is not OK either.

sent from a device using a program

I actually like TMP - it is a fun and challenging layout with different types of corners. It used to be a good deal but it really isn't particularly anymore. Facilities unfortunately continue to go downhill. When we were there in May with Reddawn the washrooms were closed and had been replaced with a battery of porta-potties, but every one of them was filled to nearly over-flowing. Gross.

With respect to safety, now that the Turn 12 wall has been covered with bales again I don't think it is any more dangerous than any other track. At least the runoff is generally level, unlike SMP. They definitely are not as well equipped as, say, GBM for dealing with things like oil spills.

The track day provider might be the most important consideration. Racer 5 used to run awesome Thursday track days there but that is no more. The Reddawn days are not a bad choice for a beginner - open track all day so you can come and go as you please, dealing with any issues that may arise on your own schedule without having to worry about missing your next session. Guys With Bikes run pretty professional days but I am not sure if they still operate at TMP.

I'm with Nam & TonyB - I took the Intro to track at TMP & had a great day & Guys with Bikes were awesome.
I'll stick with TMP for a while as I dont ride on the road & came back to riding this year (track only) after 9 or 10 years without even sitting on a bike.
I do intend to do some track days at GBM this summer as well but for the moment I'll work on improving at TMP as its less than 1.5hrs from where I live.

Back
Top Bottom