Mountain Road west from Parham (heading to Tamworth). | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mountain Road west from Parham (heading to Tamworth).

jc100

Probably one of the nicest sections of roads I've ridden for a while. It's always been a good road but was a little rutted and bumpy in parts. Now much of the section has been resurfaced from Parham west for about 15-20kms I think. It's a beautiful smooth blacktop road now with some nice sweepers. There's construction for a stretch midway between Parham and Tamworth but it's still worth it. Watch for farm equipment near Parham though.

At Tamworth stop at the The River Bakery and Cafe with motorcycle parking then head north on the 15 to Arden for another fantastic road. Once there you're at Highway 7 and the gateway to rides around Mazinaw Lake, or further west to Madoc, then Bancroft etc. East on 7 will get you to the start of the 509 if you like too. Another fantastic road.

if you have a dual sport or adventure bike there's plenty of places to head off into pretty easy cottage roads and trails anywhere along Mountain Rd or the 15 from Tamworth. I can recommend Cranberry Lake Road from the 15, easy gravel trails, I did it on my flattened out Pilot Rd 3s.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom