Not worth getting dirt bikes in Ontario. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not worth getting dirt bikes in Ontario.

I say it's not worth it because There are simply no places to ride, why drop 10K when there are 3 places to ride near the Burlington Area Ganaraska Forest(All sand) Moto park (motocross) and Gopher dunes (again...All sand...)

That's it. I'm not going to travel 2 hours to go ride for 4 hours. It's not just worth the risk of getting in a car crash and using all that gas. the Burlington Hamilton area has no where to ride and it's BS

What do you think?

It's the same situation for street bikes.
I've got to ride 1.5hrs out of the city to get a decent patch of pavement.
Had the same experience with going to the track. It's a 2 hour drive to TMP,Mosport,Shannonville.
The way I see it you gotta go to the areas where fun is at.
I just started riding dirt. It's the just as fun as the track. I'd say even more. And it's way cheaper.

Yea it is fun riding dirt bikes. A lot of fun. But I can only ride once a week, that's it and when i do i gotta drive over an hour. It's bs I wish i new some people who had some private land i could ride on cause I want to ride more but i can't...Makes me madder then ever.

Check out SCORRA as well as Moto park, far as it being worth it, only you can put a price on the enjoyment, To me it's worth every penny, its a lot cheaper than other activities I participate in.

I've been riding the different areas of the Simcoe county forest. There's some sand but it's not that bad. Stay on the single track and there isn't much of any sand. At least in the areas I've been to.

I don't know if having a dedicated dirt bike would have been worth it to me (was considering it)... I was also considering an ATV or also a snowmobile, but living in Mississauga I'd be looking at trailering any of them at least 1 or 2 hours one way just to use them.

Instead I sacrificed a lot of performance and got a DRZ that I can ride to trails, and I think it is worth having... I can spend an entire day (minus the hour or two slabbing it) exploring trails and spend about $12 on gas, $10 for lunch, insurance is about $20/month, and wear and tear on a DRZ is not too pricey -- very cheap fun as far as I'm concerned.

DRZ is probably fine for the fire roads and atv trails.
Might be a bit heavy on the single track. Plus I don't know how good DOT tires are in the dirt.

I like having a dedicated dirt bike. No compromise. I wouldn't want to ride a DRZ an hour + to get to a trail, then mash it into something and wonder how I'm getting back.

I love having a dirt bike and love the sand now that I know how to ride it, I hated the sand at first but don't even notice it now. Get off the roads and double track at Ganny if you hate sand and ride the singletrack there is very little sand on the singletrack trails.

"not worth getting dirtbikes in ONTARIO"

wow - have you actually traveled ONTARIO? It's a huge place with LOTS of great riding areas. You should change the title of this thread to "not worth getting dirt bikes in Burlington".

Who says you have to buy new? I bought my dirt bike 3 years ago for $2600 and I've put maybe $1000 into it. A friend of mine got a dirt bike for $1000 and put NOTHING into it for 2 years.

I say it's not worth it because There are simply no places to ride, why drop 10K when there are 3 places to ride near the Burlington Area Ganaraska Forest(All sand) Moto park (motocross) and Gopher dunes (again...All sand...)

That's it. I'm not going to travel 2 hours to go ride for 4 hours. It's not just worth the risk of getting in a car crash and using all that gas. the Burlington Hamilton area has no where to ride and it's BS

What do you think?

I live in the Oakville area (so close to Burlington) it's not really THAT far to get to decent locations. Keep in mind you practically live in the GTA.... Ontario is a F'king huge place. I'm not sure what you are expecting.

Have you tried Simcoe forest? Also you can get dirt bikes / dual sports a LOT cheaper than 10k.

I will never not own a dirtbike. I haven't ridden it much in the last 5 years but it's there for me when I want it. Riding in sand is lots of fun when you know how to do it.

I am SHOCKED. You mean you can just walk out your back door in Burlington, or take the elevator from your condo and jump on the dirt bike and go riding? Your right no sense in getting a bike ANYWHERE in Ontrio. I have to trailer 1.5 hour to get my ATV out but I can then ride all weekend if I wanted to on decent trails, But admittedly I live on the other side of the GTA. So Kawartha and Haliburton are pretty close.

Maybe stop whining and move somewhere else. You seem a little removed from reality.

I am guessing police are hot and heavy in the quarry north of wescam these days? Fun times in there back in the day.

Let me know if anyone's giving away their dirt bike. ?

Let me know if anyone's giving away their dirt bike. ?

I'm in line behind Kiwi. Interested for my 11 year old. ??

There are more trails in Ontario than roads. It does take some looking . Dual sport is a good way to go, I have a DRZ, its a bit heavy in the trails but once you are used to it no problem, plus I find a little weight helps on really rocky terrain (Nephton, Algonquin). Check out the OFTR website.

Back
Top Bottom