Is ramping illegal? - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is ramping illegal?

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: Is ramping illegal?

Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Gotta ride 3Fast1337Furious and drag through the other vehicle w/ the insecure load when it unloads and causes an explosion behind you.

But seriously: if I end up at ramps I'm familiar with and find fun....I'll do a sweeping loop, get off, and do a "slightly below warm up at track" pace on them. Blame Ontario for being ****ing straight.....everywhere.
    Speak of what you know. Ontario is not straight everywhere. You need to get out of the city more.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    I used to get stopped all the time when I first started riding - RD350
    slobbering old things didn't work at all until over 10,000 RPM
    and the expansion chambers had little muffler capability
    so although you didn't have to be speeding, it sounded like you were
    always the same conversation "you were flat out" "what was my speed officer?"
    "don't know but you were flat out!"
    I had that happen in my car once. I timed a light and passed a cop in either first or second gear. He pulled me over saying I must have been speeding.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

Quote Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
    As far as I know, if the 401 is 100km/h and you exceed 100km/h on the ramp, they can still get you. It would be stupid to think you could do 200+ on ramp, only to slow down to 100km/h and merge. The whole reason of the ramp is so you can either get up to or down to speed, depending on if it is an on-ramp or off-ramp. Again, I'm not sure of the actual laws, but I can't see a police officer letting someone off if they did that.

The one thing I do remember from driver's ed is that you only need to obey the white & black speed signs. The signs on the ramp are just the suggested speed...so if the limit of the 401 is 100km/h, and the ramp speed sign says 40km/h, you could in theory be doing at or just below 100km/h and they shouldn't be able to say anything...again, in theory.
    got caught doing over 150 on the on ramp, and I got the ticket. yes they reduced to 149, but they told be the on ramp max speed is 100.. expensive lesson

yes you can ramp but only up to 100

lucky it was an off ramp or they would have pinched you for a wheelie too.

It truly depends upon the officer, their mood, your attitude etc etc etc. Simple for them to justify a S172 charge. SO, if you want to risk your bike being stored at your expense and walking for 7 days then go ahead take the ramp at whatever speed you like, drag your knee, pop a wheelie as exiting, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hedo2002 View Post
    It truly depends upon the officer, their mood, your attitude etc etc etc. Simple for them to justify a S172 charge. SO, if you want to risk your bike being stored at your expense and walking for 7 days then go ahead take the ramp at whatever speed you like, drag your knee, pop a wheelie as exiting, etc etc etc.
    ... and hopefully he will consider how well you did it