Open Lapping at TMP Saturday June 6th 9am-5pm | GTAMotorcycle.com

Open Lapping at TMP Saturday June 6th 9am-5pm

Just back from England & now still have to sort out the old dear as she's still bogging down at 7000rpm, especially when hot.
Planning on the June 13th day if I ever get the bike running right.

I'm in.

Doing it old school, riding my street bike there, lapping with no tire warmers and riding home. Looking forward to a great day.

I usually regret it about half way home. Over the past few years my tolerance for long distance riding has increased so who knows, I might be fine on the way home.

You going?

I usually regret it about half way home. Over the past few years my tolerance for long distance riding has increased so who knows, I might be fine on the way home.

You going?
Not sure. My knee is still pretty swollen up from my track day there last week, so I should probably give it a break for a bit. I'm planning on Monday June 22nd at Mosport RDT with GP Bikes.

To bad it is so expensive or I would be there for sure $140 is my limit for TMP 120 would be more in line.

To bad it is so expensive or I would be there for sure $140 is my limit for TMP 120 would be more in line.

I *MAY* splurge for one day at TMP 'cause it was the first track I ever rode at, and due to that I've got a bit of a soft spot for it... but for the same price I can do Shannonville and cover a good part of my gas with the difference.

$180 tax in has been the saturday gate price for 4-5 years. If the difference of $20 keeps you from a track day then you need to find a new hobby.

$180 tax in has been the saturday gate price for 4-5 years. If the difference of $20 keeps you from a track day then you need to find a new hobby.

Think you're reading it wrong...
The difference of paying $20 more (after gas etc) for SMP vs. TMP isn't really a brain strain. SMP it is.

Or, if you can stomach SOAR, $113 taxes in for a track day at GB saves you $67ish? Really?

Think you're reading it wrong...
The difference of paying $20 more (after gas etc) for SMP vs. TMP isn't really a brain strain. SMP it is.

Or, if you can stomach SOAR, $113 taxes in for a track day at GB saves you $67ish? Really?

maybe it's not exactly $20. but anywhere in that range when you're actually spending a lot more than that when you consider all the additional costs, it really doesn't make too much of a difference. All of these lower prices that were mentioned are usually package deals, pre-registration price, show pricing, winter special, and specifically for the grand band soar day that price is on top of $150 race license fee that you paid for. And you can't get a race licence without taking the race school which is another cost. So anybody who's just looking for a track day is not going to Grand Bend, which is a lot farther then TMP (extra fuel cost), and spending $113.

maybe it's not exactly $20. but anywhere in that range when you're actually spending a lot more than that when you consider all the additional costs, it really doesn't make too much of a difference. All of these lower prices that were mentioned are usually package deals, pre-registration price, show pricing, winter special, and specifically for the grand band soar day that price is on top of $150 race license fee that you paid for. And you can't get a race licence without taking the race school which is another cost. So anybody who's just looking for a track day is not going to Grand Bend, which is a lot farther then TMP (extra fuel cost), and spending $113.

Gas prices etc. depend on where you live. For me, GB or TMP costs about the same amount of gas. SMP more.
SMP gives you lunch, which is nice...
And you don't need a race license to do the GB SOAR days.

Back
Top Bottom