How to improve seat comfort for long days in the saddle? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to improve seat comfort for long days in the saddle?

I had the same thing on the KLX... didn't like it, but can't remember why exactly. Used it once or twice and sold it.

Arggg, I hope it's not another seat lemon.

I was going to try a bead rider, but my issue is that my fat *** overhangs the seat a lot.

Perhaps I should lose some weight... heh heh.

Look for options other than corbin. There are good cheaper alternatives out there. :dontknow:

yep. I purchased a used Sargent seat from someone last year. Keep a look out in the classifieds for bikes with accessories and contact the sellers about the parts. I got couple good deals from people like this. They make more $$ from selling parts separately and you can potentially save $$

I went through 4 seats on the Vstrom before getting satisified....for this trip.

RDL was too tall. :(

Ended with a Terry Adcox on a group buy and quite happy.

I've tried gel inserts, gel toppers, Saddlemen seat and nothing seems to spread the weight evenly which is what I need. while they were all marginally better i was still sore at the end of the day and while riding. Can't spend $400 on corbin and even then I don't think it would solve my problem.

I've tried gel inserts, gel toppers, Saddlemen seat and nothing seems to spread the weight evenly which is what I need. while they were all marginally better i was still sore at the end of the day and while riding. Can't spend $400 on corbin and even then I don't think it would solve my problem.
Interesting. I've heard nothing but good about saddleman but haven't tried it myself. I noticed they're about half the price of Corbin.

Interesting. I've heard nothing but good about saddleman but haven't tried it myself. I noticed they're about half the price of Corbin.
It works well for guys cuz of the gooch grove but women have wider hips and sit bones and its just not as comfortable as it could be. I guess I'm picky too.

It works well for guys cuz of the gooch grove but women have wider hips and sit bones and its just not as comfortable as it could be. I guess I'm picky too.

Hold up. Benny! is a she?? This makes that post in the other thread much more interesting.
(not that it matters, I just consider us all riders).
I noticed today just how wide the stock HD seats are on my coworkers' bikes are. They look mucho comfortable for those of us with wide butts.

I have the same issue. I think I'm going to buy a beadrider and switch it up throughout the day with that and the gel pad. I want to try an air hawk but damn they're pricey.

I tried teh Saddlemen for the Wee and I "could" ride with it ....but when the Adcox deal came with the wide seat pan I jumped at it.

Hold up. Benny! is a she?? This makes that post in the other thread much more interesting.
(not that it matters, I just consider us all riders).
I noticed today just how wide the stock HD seats are on my coworkers' bikes are. They look mucho comfortable for those of us with wide butts.
How long have you been here and you didn't know that? She races too. Bad Joe. No ice cream for you!

How long have you been here and you didn't know that? She races too. Bad Joe. No ice cream for you!

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Do NOT bring ice cream into this!
Honestly, unless I see something in the name/ avatar that denotes femininity, I don't even consider gender. Except when I deliver the no homo shtick.
I can't even say fellow rider, as she races, and I'll never have the balls (or as Betty White corrected) vagina (google her quote) for racing.

Going back to seats....when I bought my bike, it had a custom made, pad shaved seat on it. 10 minutes on it gave my butt a test. When I found a stock seat, I was elated.

My coworker swears by his sheepskin seat that everyone at work makes fun of.

Talked to a guy at forks once with a drz with a sheepskin. He said the same thing. His wife riding with him said she loves it too and that they'd done long days with the two of them on the bike. That said it looks funny

How, exactly, does that add to comfort? (real question)

How, exactly, does that add to comfort? (real question)
It has lots of poofy wool which adds a bit of padding and also allows more breathing under you than your typical vinyl seat.

It has lots of poofy wool which adds a bit of padding and also allows more breathing under you than your typical vinyl seat.

Thanks!

I cut down the car bead seat and reinforced the outer layer with a 40lb finishing line. I went for a 7.5 hour ride today and had no pain or diaper rash at all. I am very pleased with this. $15 well spent.

343gm7p.jpg

Excellent - looks well done.
I always find the beads feel hard but work.
Been fine so far on this trip ....averaging about 450 km a day and no issues with seat.
Couple of longer days.

Back
Top Bottom