Where in Ontario is there any real DIRT for dirt bikes? IT's all SAND!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where in Ontario is there any real DIRT for dirt bikes? IT's all SAND!!!

So I've been riding for over a year in a half and I've been to Gopher dunes in Norfolk. Ganaraska forest, and Soon to check out the Welland canal. and it's all SAND. I hate the sand.

I can't find any where that has real dirt and mud. I like to race in the US and all they have is mud and dirt. Kind of like think clay, so can anybody tell me any place near the GTA or Halton area that has some land we can ride on that isn't sand.
I really just want to ride real dirt because sand is not what i like to ride at all.

Thank you!

Simcoe county forests have a mix, sand, dirt, rock. Great trail systems, but you need an OFTR membership, green plate and liability insurance.
The club (Scorra) has done a fantastic job of creating and maintaining new trails, well laid out and fun to ride.

I'll look it up. But do you know any place that has no sand? It seems all of Ontario is sand and Upstate new york is all mud clay and dirt! I really want to hit up so muddy dirt trails and get out of this sand stuff. Any more ideas?

Lots of dirt/rock and mud near Gooderham, Ontario. I've done a lot of riding out that way, the trails are good, but rocky. The major trail intersections have large trail maps, so it's usually easy to navigate. However, I have gotten lost to the point I gave up an rode shoulder of the highway to get back to familiar territory. Lol
Also, check out "voyageur trail system" in Mattawa. Bit of a drive, but well worth it. Off road riders are welcomed as tourists, not uncommon to see atv's and dirtbikes pulling up to the gas pumps in town. Very large trail system, with a ratings system as to skill level.
Fantastic trail systems near Algonquin area, I usually stay at the "All-Star" resort in Whitney. Great camping, swimming and fishing. It is an atv/dirtbike friendly resort, with access to the trail system from your campsite, ride on out. The trails up there are amazing, however you will find sand, dirt, mud, rocks and water crossings.

Thanks Iceman, But I'm looking for places closer to the Halton area, but I don't see any places to ride around there.....it sucks so much that there aren't places around here to ride!!!!

There were a couple tracks at Six Nations, Eagles Nest and Steel City Riders. Do they still exist?

SCR is still there.You need to be a clubmember and participate in helping to run an event each year in order to ride there.I'll be there next sunday for the CMA trial.

Stay off the fire roads at the Ganny and Simcoe Forest if you cant ride in the sand.Maybe learn how to ride on sand at Trailtours right at the Ganny for $250,or forget about 2wheels and become dare I say it a quad rider.

Hey man I'm in Burlington as well. I have felt your pain and know where your coming from. I currently ride a quad and go to Ganaraska and Gopher Dunes (I find those places to be the most bang for buck and best travel time). Motorpark is great if you plan ahead and are able to get going early in the day, as you usually spend 4 1/2 hours driving round trip. Let me know if your ever up for riding these places, I switch toys every couple of years, and am just trying quads out now for the first time ever, was a huge dirt bike guy before, we can swap rides when we're out there. PS. Welland Canal sucks, might as well invest the time and go to one of the other places I mentioned.

Sand=twist the grip puss.

In all seriousness I understand that sand can be tricky to riders of all abilities. But like all aspects of riding it is in fact super fun! Instead of avoiding it, ride in it more! BRAAAAAAP

Not far from welland is port colborne (I grew up there) and just on the town edge is a place called Robin Hood flour ... Lots of rock and lime stone trails as well as dirt trails that follow the canal all the way to well and (dain city) by the rowing club . Also St. Catharines has a few trails. I haven't been riding as of late but spent many years riding these areas , oh the memories (good and bad ) anyways hmu I can walk you through the exact locations and directions if you wish.. Brapp on my friends

Audi B6 A4 Avant 1.8T needs moar .

Back
Top Bottom