Kentucky Bourbon trail? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kentucky Bourbon trail?

pgagy

Has anyone ever done the Kentucky bourbon trail? There are so many distilleries. So you bike during the day, and then enjoy some bourbon sampling in the evening. Looks like there might be some nice roads once you get past boring up-state new York, and get further down towards Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Anyone done something like this? or at least know anything about W. Virginia and Kentucky roads?

I caged part of it last year and stopped at one of the stills. I could see where it could be a pleasant ride and the receptions/tours at the distilleries are very well done.

My comment later was that they learned to appreciate bourbon before they learned to lay out roads. I don't recall a straight road.

I rode down to to Kentucky a few years ago to go to the "Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot", gotta see it to believe it.Didn't make it to the Knob Creek Distillery but we went to the Corvette Assembly Plant in nearby Bowling Green and did the tour.Lots of great roads once you get off the interstates.I also found the people there to generally be very friendly,yes even at a machine gun show,believe it or not.Also,weather is much warmer than here.We left Toronto in mid April and it was barely above freezing, the next day we were riding in 20C plus weather in Kentucky.

Last edited:
Haven't ridden in Kentucky but was down there about 10-12 years ago and did the Maker's Mark distillery tour.
Beautiful country and the people are very friendly.
The back roads I was on were very nice...as mentioned above, not very many straight ones!

Cheers,

Rob

Back
Top Bottom