Nailed for driving on shoulder 401 Westney | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nailed for driving on shoulder 401 Westney

How did you manage to mistake the shoulder for a driving lane?

You could not have been doing it on purpose, only a total and complete deadbeat would do that on purpose.

...oh..

I was on the 401 westbound, Friday of Easter weekend 2014. Highway was closed up-ahead (Oshawa), and they were forcing everyone off. The shoulder became a fourth lane with a row of cars driving along it. Filled solid, just like any other lane.

Point - we all break traffic laws when it suits us. We all speed, we all roll through stops.

Sorry you got dinged OP.

I was on the 401 westbound, Friday of Easter weekend 2014. Highway was closed up-ahead (Oshawa), and they were forcing everyone off. The shoulder became a fourth lane with a row of cars driving along it. Filled solid, just like any other lane.

Point - we all break traffic laws when it suits us. We all speed, we all roll through stops.

Sorry you got dinged OP.
^^^ This, exactly this. Let the self righteous ****** cast the first stone. If I have to choose between lane splitting (HTA 172) or riding the shoulder (HTA 150) to the shoulder I go. Everyone sitting in a car is free to buy a bike, and break the same (bull$#!T) law. I wish more did, it would make traffic lighter.

Curious to see how bad it's actually going to be during the PanAm games.

^^^ This, exactly this. Let the self righteous ****** cast the first stone. If I have to choose between lane splitting (HTA 172) or riding the shoulder (HTA 150) to the shoulder I go. Everyone sitting in a car is free to buy a bike, and break the same (bull$#!T) law. I wish more did, it would make traffic lighter.

Look up G4GetMoney. They can ding you with 172 anytime. OP got lucky it was only $85. I'd pay it and play the lottery.

Last edited:
Just a heads up to everyone, I got an $85 ticket for driving on 401 shoulder eastbound.. HTA 150 (2) "improper passing"

The men in black was hiding behind the Westney on ramp barrier. Probably the 3rd time I ever done this.. Nevertheless got nailed...

Glad to hear they're doing the right thing to those who deserve it for being LAME!

Can't decide to post this
nelson.gif

or this

6a1.jpg

I've thought about this, but only would ever consider doing it if I was stuck in traffic (not moving at all) at 30C, and only needed to use the shoulder for a few hundred metres to make it to the next ramp to get off. Other than that, too risky for reasons mentioned already in the thread.

That said, I still remember years ago stuck waiting near the same section of road due to an accident. Saw 2 cruisers fly up the shoulder, followed by a civic or corolla about 2 mins later thinking they were smart...followed by the firetruck 30 sec later. That driver likely had a very very very bad day once he caught up to the cops and blocked the firetruck. lol

I'm just going to drive on the shoulder whenever it suits me from now on. I hate sitting in traffic and it wastes fuel so **** everyone else, I'm more important because I'm on a bike. FFS.

I'm just going to drive on the shoulder whenever it suits me from now on. I hate sitting in traffic and it wastes fuel so **** everyone else, I'm more important because I'm on a bike. FFS.

How is riding on the shoulder "****ing everyone else"? You know you could use the shoulder, and even lane split in congested traffic without affecting a single person.

Just a heads up to everyone, I got an $85 ticket for driving on 401 shoulder eastbound.. HTA 150 (2) "improper passing"

The men in black was hiding behind the Westney on ramp barrier. Probably the 3rd time I ever done this.. Nevertheless got nailed...

Came out of the car stood 4 feet away from me with his hand on his gun and said,, why were you driving on shoulder.

Anycase heads up to all Durham riders who want to beat the Friday traffic in the future..

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

You should know better, Westney and Salem are a giant speed trap/heat score.

How is riding on the shoulder "****ing everyone else"? You know you could use the shoulder, and even lane split in congested traffic without affecting a single person.

Isn't the shoulder space there for a reason? If all the shoulder space is plugged up by regular folk wouldn't that space not be there anymore?

Back
Top Bottom