Nailed for driving on shoulder 401 Westney | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nailed for driving on shoulder 401 Westney

cbcanada

Banned
Just a heads up to everyone, I got an $85 ticket for driving on 401 shoulder eastbound.. HTA 150 (2) "improper passing"

The men in black was hiding behind the Westney on ramp barrier. Probably the 3rd time I ever done this.. Nevertheless got nailed...

Came out of the car stood 4 feet away from me with his hand on his gun and said,, why were you driving on shoulder.

Anycase heads up to all Durham riders who want to beat the Friday traffic in the future..

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Just a heads up to everyone, I got an $85 ticket for driving on 401 shoulder eastbound.. HTA 150 (2) "improper passing"

The men in black was hiding behind the Westney on ramp barrier. Probably the 3rd time I ever done this.. Nevertheless got nailed...

Came out of the car stood 4 feet away from me with his hand on his gun and said,, why were you driving on shoulder.

Anycase heads up to all Durham riders who want to beat the Friday traffic in the future..

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Thanks for the heads up that if I commit a traffic offence I could get a ticket.

I had a car pass me on the shoulder while I was in the left lane of the 401 today near Milton on my bike. I wasn't going slow either.

Wish it was that douche that got pulled over instead of you haha

Sent from my iPhone

You probably got off light. I got a "Careless Driving" ticket almost a decade ago for driving on the shoulder. Passed right by the unmarked Ha. But I beat it :)

I got pulled over on the 401 last year for the same thing.
He came from behind me. No idea how he spotted us in the bumper to bumper traffic.
I bet a lot of driver called in. They wasn't happy for me passing in the shoulder.
The cop checked all the papers and let us go with a warning.
He said I have to be in the lane just like everybody else.
Lucky day I guess

Why do people think it's ok to drive on the shoulder?
Unless perhaps, it's an emergency.

Not to mention it's incredibly dangerous... People get envious and will try to cut you off. I have not ridden on the shoulder, but I've seen a pickup truck swerve towards somebody doing it.

I do have to admit, it is tempting. That big old open shoulder, just sitting there, me sitting in traffic in full gear. Sweating.

I do have to admit, it is tempting. That big old open shoulder, just sitting there, me sitting in traffic in full gear. Sweating.

It's character building plus you're cleansing toxins by sweating.......apparently it's also cheaper.

Theoretically of course, lets say someone is stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and they come up to an exit that they can't exit (i.e. heading East on the 401 at Dixie Road, but you didn't take the Dixie exit 2km back: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Mi...m2!3m1!1s0x882b469fe76b05b7:0x3146cbed75966db

Lets day this biker (in theory of course) left the slow lane at a 90 degree angle, hopped the curb, and took the dirt path the tow trucks made in order to exit the highway. What charge could be laid if this (theoretically) happened and a cop saw him?

OP I drive that section of the 401 daily. They are there or just past where it narrows from 4 to 3 lanes, (where it now shifts due to the construction of the 407 bridges). They tend to be there 2 - 3 times per week. The shoulder as you know is about 2 lanes wide there so it is tempting. I have seen many "run it" so they can get in front of that ONE truck..lol. Definitely not the spot to tempt it. Plus as you now due to the lane reductions it is ALWAYS jambed up there.

I see the Go buses EVERY afternoon take the Westney off ramp, go down to the lights and the one lane goes straight thru back onto the on ramp and the GO buses use this as a "short cut" to get maybe 100 vehicles ahead of where they were in traffic. Better option than the shoulder ticket.

Nobody thinks it is unusual or wrong for the cop to have his hand on his gun for a minor traffic offense?

Nobody thinks it is unusual or wrong for the cop to have his hand on his gun for a minor traffic offense?

Not uncommon, your looking at a bike coming at you with some speed. Not much time to rwact should the vehicle swerve towards you. I would say it would be wrong had the officer drew his weapon. But placing your hand on the weapon is actually part of training for officer safety.

Back
Top Bottom