Stolen honda cbr600rr from yonge and sheppard condo. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen honda cbr600rr from yonge and sheppard condo.

Omar1994

image.jpgMy motorcycle got stolen last night around 8:30pm from my condo parking at yonge and sheppard area. Cerveilance cameras show two men who appear young sneaking in behind a car down to the garage.

The whole process took 4minutes on camera which means they were eyeing the bike for quite a while and it was planned.

Description:

white fairing kit with a black tank.
Fairing kit is plain white without the CBR AND 600RR TAGS since its aftermarket.

They rode the bike off from the garage and im still trying to figure out how they managed to turned the ignition on in such a small period of time.

Reported it to the police and would be greatful if you spread the word.

Last edited:
O_O
I saw a dude today at Centerpoint mall Canadian Tire with a white 600RR. It had aftermarket exhaust and missing tail light and missing license plate....
Of course 600RR is a popular bike so it could be a mistake but also could be.....

Man I actually feel bad for you. I've been reading these post endlessly and my buddy has a bike aroud the area. If he lost his bike, I could see him just being in a bad mood for a long time.
What's the word on bait bikes in Toronto? I love watching videos of how thieves are handled during those situations. Technically, it should be pretty safe to leave a bike on the street with the keys in them. The bikes that are asked to be stolen just happen to have cops surrounding the area. Just need to get it on camera and posted on youtube over and over, maybe that will change things up.

Never heard of "riding it out". Thought it was always hoodlums in minivan. Sorry to hear man...Good luck with insurance and make sure to give them the receipts for all the aftermarket add-ons.

Using a motorcycle, (Unless it has been somehow disabled) isn't something polcie departments are eager to do. Simple reason, MUCH harder to stop a otorcycle, (especially a stolen one being ridden by a theif who has no desire to end up in custody.

Way too many things can go horribly wrong in a VERY short period of time. Besides most theives don't ride stolen bikes away they throw them in stolen minivans. If TPS wanted to put a bait bike in a condo there are liability issues with doing so on private property as well.

Man I actually feel bad for you. I've been reading these post endlessly and my buddy has a bike aroud the area. If he lost his bike, I could see him just being in a bad mood for a long time.
What's the word on bait bikes in Toronto? I love watching videos of how thieves are handled during those situations. Technically, it should be pretty safe to leave a bike on the street with the keys in them. The bikes that are asked to be stolen just happen to have cops surrounding the area. Just need to get it on camera and posted on youtube over and over, maybe that will change things up.

Is this motorcycle thief thing even on police radar? Do they even give a **** or are we making a big deal about it because its our hobby? My thought is "whats in it for them"? I have zero faith in cops to be able to do honest good cop work and put an end to this.
On a side, I think condo owners should be forced to provide far better security for their tenants or be held liable. No one is going to side with me for the liability thing, but the security they provide is negliable. What would it take to hire some teenagers, pay off a security guy and steal a motorcycle tonight from a Toronto condo? Nothing! What the hell is the punishment for stealing a bike anyways? If the police have a hard time stopping this from happening, are they just shrugging their shoulders and saying "nothing I can do"? Feels like it. There has got to be a better way to deal with this besides depending on un-reliable cops.

@itinkle, from the years of watching what happens here is that bikes get stolen and gangs were busted by chance. Ie. One group was located because a car they stole had lojack installed. Also another group of thieves were outed and it looked like a couple of them were repeat offenders. They get a slap on the wrist. The threads that had the information here were deleted by mods here because people here in nth America are scared of litigation etc.

Cops just tell people to claim insurance. Insurance isn't a deterrent by any means. Just means that the thieves come back later to get your replacement.
Condo companies claim not responsible.

Feel sorry for you bud. My brother's bike was stolen from a Waterloo condo (thrown in the back of a truck). Hope you had theft insurance. Also as others have stated, let me reiterate that dealing with the local authorities after the incident was very frustrating. They showed 0 interest. Took a report and never called back.

4 minutes. Did you have any type of theft protection on your bike? Two guys walking in an riding it out does not sound like professional thieves, more like opportunistic ones. If pros want your bike they will take it. At best you can make it a bit more difficult in the hopes they will pass yours to grab another. I have mine chained to a support pillar in the underground with 5/8 link chain that is used by transport drivers to hold logs on a semi trailer. It will take electric or welding tools to cut it. It does take about 30 extra seconds for me to chain it up after riding....after having one bike stolen that was unprotected i learned my lesson.

Problem is the "condo owners" are the residents. Not like a rental apartment building, where a landlord owns the building. A condo building is owned by the condo corp, which is owned by the unit owners. Then they just hire a "management company or property manager".

So given that most of the residents don't own motorcycles, they aren't going to want to pay higher condo fees for "better security" for bikes. Many buildings have little or no security or may just have asecurity patrol that drives around the property and thru the garage once or twice per shift.

Of course as bike owners it is an important topic to us, but not to the general population or the police or the insurance companies. Bike insurance makes up a pretty small percentage of the business book an insurance company has. Bike theft is relatively small percentage of total crime. So just like lane splitting is a hot topic to the riding community, it isn't even on the radar of the average citizen or the gov't.

When there were a few condo buildings in the city it was easier for the police to monitor bike thefts, but now that there are thousands of developments not so much. Bike theives target condos because there is a higher likelihood of at least one bike being parked under gorund, as opposed to having to break into every single garage on a street and maybe not even finding one bike. So they go where their chance of sucess is greater and now they have thousands of "targets" to choose from.

Theives target "easy" work, that is why they target condos, that is why they target lightweight sports bikes, as opposed to say my 900 lbs cruiser. As a bike owner your never going to stop a determined thief, you can only "discourage them" to move to an easier target, 9which they will do because they KNW there is another easy target close by.

Is this motorcycle thief thing even on police radar? Do they even give a **** or are we making a big deal about it because its our hobby? My thought is "whats in it for them"? I have zero faith in cops to be able to do honest good cop work and put an end to this.
On a side, I think condo owners should be forced to provide far better security for their tenants or be held liable. No one is going to side with me for the liability thing, but the security they provide is negliable. What would it take to hire some teenagers, pay off a security guy and steal a motorcycle tonight from a Toronto condo? Nothing! What the hell is the punishment for stealing a bike anyways? If the police have a hard time stopping this from happening, are they just shrugging their shoulders and saying "nothing I can do"? Feels like it. There has got to be a better way to deal with this besides depending on un-reliable cops.

My understanding is they jam a slotted screw driver into the ignition and turn it on. So that would not take very long. The ignition switches are not that hard to break. That's why cars now all have chipped keys.

My my friends bike was stolen and when it was recovered you could see that they had jammed a screw driver or something into the ignition, the ignition could then be turned on and off with any screwdriver.

lost of cars are stolen everyday, houses are broken into daily, the police don't do anything about it other than give you a report number over the phone. Just not enough police to investigate all these crimes. And after the fact, not much they can do anyways in most cases.

They rode the bike off from the garage and im still trying to figure out how they managed to turned the ignition on in such a small period of time.
There's two ways. One is with a "hotwire" kit, they just unplug your ignition from the harness and plug in their hotwire kit and the bike starts right up (primarily used on bikes with immobilizers). Another way is they have a digital lock picking device. You just stick it in the ignition and it'll auto pick it (plus what's handy is it spits out the master key number so you can cut new keys easy).

The video evidence won't help you much, stolen plates if any were visible, and your bike is already on its way to Maritius (sp? little island off Madagascar).

Last edited:
We need to give these people a beat down

What irks me is in other countries some Hondas do now use immobilizers, however we don't seem to get the same system in North America. Annoyed me when I found out.

Back
Top Bottom