SMP Wednesday, May 27. | GTAMotorcycle.com

SMP Wednesday, May 27.

BigEvilDoer

Anyone else there today besides Smergy and I?
Fantastic day - all of 27 riders showed up, and only 2 groups in total.
Got some pics of the "Faster" group from early in the day if anyone wants to see them, but won't bother posting up to Photobucket unless there's some demand.

First time riding with tires needing warmers - wow.. what a revelation. Took 8 seconds off my previous best, and ran 2:07's (slow, I know, but it was my third time there in 3 years - once per year).

Anyone else there today besides Smergy and I?
Fantastic day - all of 27 riders showed up, and only 2 groups in total.
Got some pics of the "Faster" group from early in the day if anyone wants to see them, but won't bother posting up to Photobucket unless there's some demand.

First time riding with tires needing warmers - wow.. what a revelation. Took 8 seconds off my previous best, and ran 2:07's (slow, I know, but it was my third time there in 3 years - once per year).

Personally I love it when they do that setup. Lots of track time and still not a busy track. I couldn't go because of work unfortunately.

I was there as well, I'd like to see any photos, I was in that group for a little bit before lunch.

I was there as well, I'd like to see any photos, I was in that group for a little bit before lunch.

Number and bike colour etc? Since it doesn't look like anyone else was there I will email them to you if I have any of you.
Fire me a PM with your email.

Number and bike colour etc? Since it doesn't look like anyone else was there I will email them to you if I have any of you.
Fire me a PM with your email.

Do you have any crash pics from the back hairpin where the EX500 rider high-sided? He's a friend of mine and would would be happy to see some (actually i'd be happy to send them to him :) ).

Do you have any crash pics from the back hairpin where the EX500 rider high-sided? He's a friend of mine and would would be happy to see some (actually i'd be happy to send them to him :) ).

No, I don't have any of those.... I was actually at the last marshall station before the front straight when the red flags came out.

Was there. Sadly it ended in some sadness as a good friend of mine's wife crashed in corner 4 and did some fair damage to herself. The bike's in bad shape too. I heard from her husband that she will need a series of surgeries on her arm.

Hopefully she recovers well and quickly!
Was trying to figure out exactly how she ended up where she did in that crash. Best I could figure is that she ran wide/off at turn 3, went quite a ways across the grass and crashed there.

Last year I ran off at 2, and almost binned it due to extreme tire ruts from cars - must have rained before they went out... luckily I spotted the ruts early enough and managed to follow one around and back onto the track.

She was riding his ZX-9R... which has no steering damper. Maybe because she's never ridden a bike that might shake its head hard... but it gave her a big tankslapper. I'm unclear on what exactly happened or what exactly did so much damage to her (broken hand, arm broken in six places, will need bone transfusion likely) but I do believe the bike landed on her at one point. It wasn't the place or the time to ask for all the details.

She was riding his ZX-9R... which has no steering damper. Maybe because she's never ridden a bike that might shake its head hard... but it gave her a big tankslapper. I'm unclear on what exactly happened or what exactly did so much damage to her (broken hand, arm broken in six places, will need bone transfusion likely) but I do believe the bike landed on her at one point. It wasn't the place or the time to ask for all the details.

Similar injuries to my good friend that was there. Compound fracture right Humerus and broken left wrist. Got on the gas a bit too early/hard and highsided (testing a new bike they had built).

That 1000 of mine had me out of the seat about 3 times a session. Never crashed. What do I win? lol

Back
Top Bottom