RE GEAR Stores. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RE GEAR Stores.

Drove by the previous Lindsay store on the way to the cottage and all re-gear branding is gone from the front of the store.

Drove by the previous Lindsay store on the way to the cottage and all re-gear branding is gone from the front of the store.
Nice. Did my M2 test today wearing my re-gear shirt and all the other noobs were like "oh man, you work there? All the stuff I just bought, coulda got a discount!!" and I was like "Nope, I just buy so much ish there they gave me a free shirt :D" love that place.

Was in talking with the (Oshawa) store owner today, was trying to get him to do track days on that sweet blue and yellow CBR he rides.

Speaking of the M2 test. Was super nice that they've removed the bus lane and replaced it with a bike lane, makes the road test part of the test WAY easier. And I failed the braking test... "Hey mister, you said I'd only lose points if I a) didn't stop with my front tire on the line, b) went too slow, c) skidded either of the tires or d) my rear tire lifted off the ground. So which was it??"... "You used only your front brake, and you went too fast and braked too hard." ... "So, I didn't lock any tires, rear didn't lift, stopped perfectly on the line, and still lost points? f me :(" lol.

Aced everything else though, woot! Hide your wives and daughters, I'm back baby!

11794405_1152582978092159_1707827007130423397_o.jpg

Last edited:
J
The Lindsay store was spun off as a franchise early last fall. They were to continue to use the re gear logos etc and sell used motorcycle gear. Apparently the new owners, (Lindsay store), decided to branch out and sell hunting gear and other items. They were advised this wasn't permitted under the franchise model.

So they rebranded themselves. But sales dropped, so they have decided to again rebrand themselves as "Recycled Gear" using the Re Gear logo and continuing to use the re gear signage and answering their phones as Re Gear.

Personally, I am not a fan of the franchise concept, BUT if you enter into an agreement then you MUST follow the rules. Now to me it is not proper to then try to "cash in" on the success of anothers work. I personnally, will NOT again shop the lindsay store. I am not telling others how or where to shop, but felt everyone should be aware of the way these new owners conduct their business.

Update re: the Lindsay situation:
Drove by today, and it is out of business - it's now a beer / wine "brew it yourself" setup ...

Last edited:
Did they just relocate? The Web site is still up. There is a notice on the site indicating they will be on vacation Jan. 15 -22. Plus the kijji site is showing new product entries as of a few hours ago.

You sure you didn't drive by the wrong place?

Last edited:
I forgot the owners name , But he was a good person to deal with. I brought in some items and he gave me a reasonable price for the trade ins. Wished him success on his business.

Did they just relocate? The Web site is still up. There is a notice on the site indicating they will be on vacation Jan. 15 -22. Plus the kijji site is showing new product entries as of a few hours ago.

You sure you didn't drive by the wrong place?

I'm talking about the Lindsay location, the one that was ripping off the proper re-gear logo & look & feel. That's why I quoted the OP's post re: Lindsay.

I'm talking about the Lindsay location, the one that was ripping off the proper re-gear logo & look & feel. That's why I quoted the OP's post re: Lindsay.

Oh that makes sense. I didn't see the Lindsay reference. Sorry about the confusion.

FWIW I enjoy the Oshawa store...I stop in every few weeks and see what's new, and their FB page is updated regularly. Just take note that things "pass through" (no regular stock), so don't make the same mistake I've made a few times, see something you like....decide to sleep on it, go back..and find it gone.

In related news, someone has some nice oversized luggage bags I should have bought.

+1 for the Oshawa store. Took some seldom used gear there to trade, came home with a nice pair of Joe Rocket shorty summer gloves, technic perforated leather, and some sweet Klim pants. Oh, also got some new touring boots. With the velocity (fired up) vest/gloves I bought from Jimmy, I'm set for 2016.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
No west end locations? I have a bunch of virtually new stuff that I wouldn't mind unloading. 50% of whatever it sells for at RE GEAR is probably more than the time burglars of Kijiji or Craigslist would offer.
^^ this

I cant justify the time and money to go to Oshawa and don't want to deal with kijiji. My stuff will just rot in the closet I guess.

Sounds like we need to find a spot for an annual swap and sale meet - maybe in May in the west end.
I'd bet a charity would organize it and provide tables for 10% of the take.
The Hershey centre has lots of space and is easy to get to.
I've got a bunch of gear between myself and my son.

I have been meaning to stop by this store for over a year now, but keep forgetting every time I am out at GP.... With all these great reviews I now have more of a reason.

Last edited:
There's one barely a kilometer from me. They didn't have a lot of race-level stuff there but lots of general gear. That said, there were three complete one-piece leathers. Prices were reasonable but don't expect kijiji level deals I think...

There's one barely a kilometer from me. They didn't have a lot of race-level stuff there but lots of general gear. That said, there were three complete one-piece leathers. Prices were reasonable but don't expect kijiji level deals I think...

Alex is the owner of the store..nice guy, if you go back again say Hi for me.

Sal

That's why I hate when Re-Gear spams Kijiji. Hard to see private sellers' items in between all the crap they post. Especially if you do a east side search.

That's why I hate when Re-Gear spams Kijiji. Hard to see private sellers' items in between all the crap they post. Especially if you do a east side search.

Agreed. It would be much nicer if they put a general ad up every week with some examples instead of the blast of separate item ads.

If Kijijj's search engine accepted modifiers, so you could search for "motorcycle helmet -re gear" that'd allow you to easily filter them out based on keywords that the re-gear stores use in all their ads, but after trying based on this post...it doesn't work.

Thats rather stupid of them.

Back
Top Bottom