RE GEAR Stores. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RE GEAR Stores.

^^ this

I cant justify the time and money to go to Oshawa and don't want to deal with kijiji. My stuff will just rot in the closet I guess.

You guys should post it here. New riders would appreciate some deal.

The way I understand it, you bring something in and they give you a guaranteed selling price in writing of which you will receive 50%. If sold within 60 days you go in and get your money. If not sold you are asked to reduce the price (that they came up with) or take it back.

What Im not sure of...if they give you are price of $100 can they decide to sell it for $150 and you only get 50% of the 'original' price?
He's sold a jacket and something else for me, always received great $$$. He just asked me what I wanted for x item I said $$$ and he said OK, called me a few weeks later to pick up the cash.

He's sold a jacket and something else for me, always received great $$$. He just asked me what I wanted for x item I said $$$ and he said OK, called me a few weeks later to pick up the cash.

A little confused....did you say you wanted x$ and that is what you got when sold? Or 50% of that?

A little confused....did you say you wanted x$ and that is what you got when sold? Or 50% of that?
Yep, I said I wanted $130 for the jacket, and he said "fine". Called me two weeks later to pick up the $130. No idea what he actually sold it for so not sure what his "cut" was.

always wanted a leather jacket as well as my textile but couldn't justify the crazy prices. Finally got out to the Oshawa store yesterday and got one for $130 - basically brand new. Love this store

Thanks Hedo - I drive by the Lindsay one every time I go to my cottage - won't be stopping in after-all.

Drove by this weekend - the Lindsay one looks virtually unchanged from when it was a proper franchisee. Scumbag move.

Thanks that is what they are hoping people will just assume it is still associated and use that to their advantage. Again people can/should shop wherwe they wish. Personnally I question if a business owner has these type of "business ethics" then what chance does a customer stand if something where to go wrong with a purchase?

Drove by this weekend - the Lindsay one looks virtually unchanged from when it was a proper franchisee. Scumbag move.

Hi,
Alex here, owner of the Oshawa location.
Just a couple of points that I wanted to address.
We always ask the customer first, what they would like to see for their item and try to work with them.
Most customers are very realistic on what a used jacket (for example) is worth.
Our normal deal is a 50/50 split. We would never put out an item for more than the price we told you.
If you bring in a jacket, you will see it for sale on Kijiji a day or two later. Any deals that are made, if the buyer is buying a number of items for example,
come off our end.
It's true, I won't put a new rider in a used helmet, but we have over 100 helmets in the store, brand new (normally last years models) for between $60 and $80.
So why would you want a used helmet if you are just starting out?
We are a hit and miss type of store, we may have a jacket in your size but maybe not in the colour you want. We do recommend Royal Distributing and GP Bikes to our customers.
What people don't realize is, that I don't have to pay 30 employees at the end of the week. The hydro bill at Royal or GP is probably more than the rent at my store.
If you run any type of business, you know all the expenses that you incur.
We just past our 2 year anniversary at Oshawa and would like to thank all the riders from the GTA Forum that have come out to visit us.

Alex

Hi,
Alex here, owner of the Oshawa location.
Just a couple of points that I wanted to address.
We always ask the customer first, what they would like to see for their item and try to work with them.
Most customers are very realistic on what a used jacket (for example) is worth.
Our normal deal is a 50/50 split. We would never put out an item for more than the price we told you.
If you bring in a jacket, you will see it for sale on Kijiji a day or two later. Any deals that are made, if the buyer is buying a number of items for example,
come off our end.
It's true, I won't put a new rider in a used helmet, but we have over 100 helmets in the store, brand new (normally last years models) for between $60 and $80.
So why would you want a used helmet if you are just starting out?
We are a hit and miss type of store, we may have a jacket in your size but maybe not in the colour you want. We do recommend Royal Distributing and GP Bikes to our customers.
What people don't realize is, that I don't have to pay 30 employees at the end of the week. The hydro bill at Royal or GP is probably more than the rent at my store.
If you run any type of business, you know all the expenses that you incur.
We just past our 2 year anniversary at Oshawa and would like to thank all the riders from the GTA Forum that have come out to visit us.

Alex

+1 on the above, it is the "small expenses" that small business needs to deal with daily, Interact fees, terminal fees, heat, hydro etc.

Excellent post Alex you addressed peoples questions, and told us why your store is good without tearing down the "competition" I have seen you send people to Royal and GP. I always recommend your store as a first stop, given it is literally 5 minutes from both Royal and GP, (which is nothing if they are already coming from the GTA.

Dang.. I didn't know it was that close. Need to drop by one day. Cheers

Wifey needs a helmet/jacket/gloves so i might ride by and get her to try some :)

I feel like everything is in the east end,

GP Bikes, Royal, Kapsco, Re-Gear

I have had good experience at Re-Gear Oshawa and it's conveniently located from where I live. They are very friendly, and they MAY take 'cash' transactions for used gear if you ask. That's where I bought these throw-over saddlebags for my Nighthawk at a great price.
Nice bags, could carry half a dead body in there!

+1 for Re-Gear. Alex sold me gloves a little while ago and was super helpful as always. He is a rider and its great to just visit for a chat! I would definitely check his store out if you need gear!

Back
Top Bottom