CBR600RR or GSXR600 Overall expereince | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBR600RR or GSXR600 Overall expereince

If we all have the option to date any girl we want, we would probably want to date a supermodel at least once in our life time. After several years we might change our mind and want someone who we feel comfortable with. At least supermodel looks good when you take her to meet your friends at Timmies but whether or not you really like her in bed is a different story :D

Speak for yourself =P Personality and an authentic connection go a long way...hell, they even up the confidence and attraction level.

To the OP...I'll make another analogy.

At the gym, I see idiots constantly starting at a weight way out of their comfort zone. They want to show off. However, they have horrible form...hell, they never focused on form. They'll get their friends to film their pathetic 1 rep max 2 plate 1/4th squat. They plateau extremely quickly and/or get injured and never come back to the gym.

You have the odd special snowflake that has superior genetics that somehow ends up deadlifting 5 plates a year later...but chances are, you aren't a special snowflake.

I was in the same boat last season, ended up getting cbr600rr with abs. Personally Gixxer wasn't as comfortable as the Honda, I'm 5'10. I'd also never get another bike without abs.
Both are great bikes, it'll come down to how comfortable you feel on them.

If we all have the option to date any girl we want, we would probably want to date a supermodel at least once in our life time. After several years we might change our mind and want someone who we feel comfortable with. At least supermodel looks good when you take her to meet your friends at Timmies but whether or not you really like her in bed is a different story :D

Haha, not bad!
post-53948-Shia-LaBeouf-Citizen-Kane-slow-Mdc4.gif

油井緋色;2310450 said:
Speak for yourself =P Personality and an authentic connection go a long way...hell, they even up the confidence and attraction level.

To the OP...I'll make another analogy.

At the gym, I see idiots constantly starting at a weight way out of their comfort zone. They want to show off. However, they have horrible form...hell, they never focused on form. They'll get their friends to film their pathetic 1 rep max 2 plate 1/4th squat. They plateau extremely quickly and/or get injured and never come back to the gym.

You have the odd special snowflake that has superior genetics that somehow ends up deadlifting 5 plates a year later...but chances are, you aren't a special snowflake.

Sounds like you at the gym.
3.gif

I would never buy a bike without ABS again. With ABS you simple break, pull as hard as you want and you stop. No locking up, no skidding, you just stop. You should never be pumping the breaks on any vehicle that has ABS. There is nothing to know with ABS, just break and stop.

On a car with ABS its pretty much stomp and steer around the hazard. Please tell me how you are going to steer when you're panic stopping in a straight line on a motorcycle?

To all the abs guys. On dry pavemaent on the honda, if you just grab the front brake and squeeze the bike will go rear over front and pile drive you into the ground. So wet pavement it might help, dry pavement it still comes down to the monkey on the bike.

I'm not arguing that it's not an improvement. Cars got smarter because their operators get dumber by the year. How many morons do you see driving at night with just drls? I see tons. All I'm saying is abs isn't the beat all end all on a bike and wouldn't be the basis of my choice. I've ridden without it for many years and I'm alive.
I agree :)
And for a newer rider (ie. like me) getting on a supersport, ABS might be a good "failsafe", right?

And im not aiming it at the OP or anyone in this thread...but car operators getting dumber doesnt exclude motorcycle riders either :p although stats say that the fatality rate (not to confuse with number of deaths) is declining, so that might be indicative better riding... who knows!?

To all the abs guys. On dry pavemaent on the honda, if you just grab the front brake and squeeze the bike will go rear over front and pile drive you into the ground. So wet pavement it might help, dry pavement it still comes down to the monkey on the bike.

huh? What are you talking about?

as for abs or no abs:
g8P8vae.gif

Last edited:
On dry pavement, unless there is a how high is the rear end sensor. The rear will lift before the abs goes off. If you don't release the brake some you will get face planted. That is what I'm talking about. We are talking cbr 600rr.

Not the case at all with my Cbr 1000 RRA. It's a combined ABS system Grab all front brake and it automatically puts on rear brake also. Also no vibrations are felt through the levers. It's called C-ABS. Never had a problem with my ABS and prefer it to be on all my bikes now. Was not sure about it before I got it.

In the end, i've said this before, get what makes your heart race (as lame as that sounds). You'll love whatever makes you excited.

^This. Logic and practicality can help narrow your choices but in the end I believe it's an emotional decision. You can always change bikes later.

I have a 2007 600RR and love it (of course). I've unwittingly become a Honda fan over the years. Their reputation for reliability and quality is well deserved in my opinion. I also think it's the best looking 600 SS overall.

On dry pavement, unless there is a how high is the rear end sensor. The rear will lift before the abs goes off. If you don't release the brake some you will get face planted. That is what I'm talking about. We are talking cbr 600rr.

The reviews of Cbr 600 C-abs say it lifts briefly. Nothing about throwing you over the bars or going *** over tea kettle. The reviewers also noted how controlled the bike was with this system.

Uh, no.

If the ABS is working, the front wheel will not stop rotating, unless you are at a very low speed.

[video=youtube;X6kO6ltk3a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kO6ltk3a0[/video]

The reviews of Cbr 600 C-abs say it lifts briefly. Nothing about throwing you over the bars or going *** over tea kettle. The reviewers also noted how controlled the bike was with this system.

meanwhile, in mad skillz country...

[video=youtube;qKPUXPt3hCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPUXPt3hCE[/video]

I'm sure a professional rider can stop as short or shorter than ABS in controlled conditions. But the real world is not controlled conditions and I admit I am not a professional rider.

Dude, I still don't know what you're talking about. Are you saying the cbr's ABS is so bad that grabbing a handful is a recipe for a stoppie and a faceplant? Where did you even hear this? I can't find a single incident.
Here is the review of the first c-abs RR and they do whole lot of dry test, no endos to be had.
http://www.sportrider.com/sportbikes/2009-honda-cbr600rr-c-abs-future-indicator

meanwhile, in mad skillz country...

[video=youtube;qKPUXPt3hCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPUXPt3hCE[/video]

I'm sure a professional rider can stop as short or shorter than ABS in controlled conditions. But the real world is not controlled conditions and I admit I am not a professional rider.

Not sure if that video was to prove me wrong, but that was a GSXR not the honda with ABS. I was saying I haven't seen or heard of a bike with C-abs go ***** over tea kettle from pulling the front brake too hard.

I know the C-abs stops the bikes from diving if only the front brake is applied by applying the rear brake to keep the bike more level.

I definately was skeptical about abs until I tried it.

I think maybe you were agreeing with me. Sorry if I misunderstood,.

Back
Top Bottom