CBR600RR or GSXR600 Overall expereince | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBR600RR or GSXR600 Overall expereince

I already have the full gear as I needed it for the M1 exit class which i took at the humber college in North York, Ontario. this will be my first bike as I have to master the skills over the period of time.

Does the ABS locks up if you pump the breaks like car do? ABS is a good feature to have but I know most of the people get into accidents just cuz donno how to use ABS..LOL
so far on my car I have not had such incident with 17 years of driving but just thinking maybe on a bike it's a different issue altogether.

That sounds like a nice feature to have with modes which limits power. I'll check that option out as well..sounds like a nice to have.

Does the ABS locks up if you pump the breaks like car do? ABS is a good feature to have but I know most of the people get into accidents just cuz donno how to use ABS..LOL
so far on my car I have not had such incident with 17 years of driving but just thinking maybe on a bike it's a different issue altogether.

The function of ABS is to rapidly pump the brakes for you, to enable braking just below the threshold of locking up the wheels. There is no point in pumping the brakes on an ABS-equipped car or bike.

The function of ABS is to rapidly pump the brakes for you, to enable braking just below the threshold of locking up the wheels. There is no point in pumping the brakes on an ABS-equipped car or bike.

Ok great good to know the function is not that different from cars I guess. I will get the ABS as it sounds like a nice to have.

I don't think you can go wrong with either bike. .... I find the bike comfortable all day long and I've had several 800 to 1000 km days on it. I would say the only must is a real steering damper as the factory one on any of them sucks.

Is this something the dealer can help me with or I have to go out on my own to get this ?? Is this only for Suzuki or is this for Honda as well ??

You can buy a steering damper for anything pretty much. Go aftermarket and either an ohlins oem replacement or a gpr.

Interesting..will check it out thanks :D

You've gotten surprisingly civil responses so far on the forum considering that it's your first bike. :D

Being that it's your first bike and not your last, you really cannot go wrong with any of them. Analysis will lead to mental paralysis.

CBR
Pro's - Great bike, more 'neutral', holds value higher than other Japanese 600 cc's. Safe from gixxar-bro comments.
Con's - More expensive.

GSXR
Pro's - Great bike, best bang for the buck, lots of fun
Con's - tends to lose a little bit more on the resale.

Bottom line, pick one and buy it. You won't regret either as they are both phenomenal bikes. Now, if you were going to get a Hyoooooooosung on the other hand....

You've gotten surprisingly civil responses so far on the forum considering that it's your first bike. :D

Being that it's your first bike and not your last, you really cannot go wrong with any of them. Analysis will lead to mental paralysis.

CBR
Pro's - Great bike, more 'neutral', holds value higher than other Japanese 600 cc's. Safe from gixxar-bro comments.
Con's - More expensive.

GSXR
Pro's - Great bike, best bang for the buck, lots of fun
Con's - tends to lose a little bit more on the resale.

Bottom line, pick one and buy it. You won't regret either as they are both phenomenal bikes. Now, if you were going to get a Hyoooooooosung on the other hand....

I think I'm starting to lean towards the CBR as well. Hyooosung..I don't even know how to spell that..LOL

Just make sure you at least go sit on them both to see if you find them appealing. You'll know after that

I already have the full gear as I needed it for the M1 exit class which i took at the humber college in North York, Ontario. this will be my first bike as I have to master the skills over the period of time.

I would never buy a bike without ABS again. With ABS you simple break, pull as hard as you want and you stop. No locking up, no skidding, you just stop. You should never be pumping the breaks on any vehicle that has ABS. There is nothing to know with ABS, just break and stop.

I would never buy a bike without ABS again. With ABS you simple break, pull as hard as you want and you stop. No locking up, no skidding, you just stop. You should never be pumping the breaks on any vehicle that has ABS. There is nothing to know with ABS, just break and stop.

Sounds simple enough...even for a newbie..it works much easier.

I am curious why you are set on the SS bikes? why not consider a good sporty standard like the Street Triple R or FZ-07. Don't you want a bike thats actually comfortable to ride for longer than an hour at a time?

I am curious why you are set on the SS bikes? why not consider a good sporty standard like the Street Triple R or FZ-07. Don't you want a bike thats actually comfortable to ride for longer than an hour at a time?

Everyone wants something different, there is no scientific right or wrong. I know a few people who started because they loved the SS bikes, but as time went on there desires changed in a bike. Goes vice versa as well. Took me 4 bikes to find what I wanted in a bike, that whole time though what I wanted was constantly changing, from just putting around town, short country rides to full on multi week trips.

So if one rides like a human where is it you need abs that we haven't had for decades of riders? As noted riding like a ****** on the dvp isn't one of those situations where it will save you. So if you leave a proper amount of space and ride responsibly where does it come into play? I had some knob pull put in front of me last year. He was turning left taking on the phone looking right and last second just whipped out in front of me. From 70 I stopped within feet and you won't believe this but I don't have abs. Crazy eh?!?
Could say the same thing about most technologies.
Power steering.
Automatic lights.
Lane change warning.
Self-park cars.

In this case, if ABS was so useless, it wouldn't be mandatory on all cars.
It adds a cushion of safety and convenience. Just like until recently a whole lotta entry level bikes were still carburated (sp?), it worked, but there was a better technology out there that could be implemented at a "reasonable" cost.

@ OP: One thing though when you get the bike, TEST the ABS on an empty industrial street to see what its threshold is and also what it feels like so you don't get surprised if it kicks in in an emergency situation

Everyone wants something different, there is no scientific right or wrong. I know a few people who started because they loved the SS bikes, but as time went on there desires changed in a bike. Goes vice versa as well. Took me 4 bikes to find what I wanted in a bike, that whole time though what I wanted was constantly changing, from just putting around town, short country rides to full on multi week trips.

The reason I ask is because I feel that a lot of new riders are not aware of the Sport Standards. They either know about cruisers or super sports. Truth is tho you can have just as much fun on a Standard but with way more comfort and usually better torque for city use. I just wanted to make sure that he knows his options.

If we all have the option to date any girl we want, we would probably want to date a supermodel at least once in our life time. After several years we might change our mind and want someone who we feel comfortable with. At least supermodel looks good when you take her to meet your friends at Timmies but whether or not you really like her in bed is a different story :D

If we all have the option to date any girl we want, we would probably want to date a supermodel at least once in our life time. After several years we might change our mind and want someone who we feel comfortable with. At least supermodel looks good when you take her to meet your friends at Timmies but whether or not you really like her in bed is a different story :D
Zing! That made me laugh. Good analogy.

Could say the same thing about most technologies.
Power steering.
Automatic lights.
Lane change warning.
Self-park cars.

In this case, if ABS was so useless, it wouldn't be mandatory on all cars.
It adds a cushion of safety and convenience. Just like until recently a whole lotta entry level bikes were still carburated (sp?), it worked, but there was a better technology out there that could be implemented at a "reasonable" cost.

@ OP: One thing though when you get the bike, TEST the ABS on an empty industrial street to see what its threshold is and also what it feels like so you don't get surprised if it kicks in in an emergency situation
I'm not arguing that it's not an improvement. Cars got smarter because their operators get dumber by the year. How many morons do you see driving at night with just drls? I see tons. All I'm saying is abs isn't the beat all end all on a bike and wouldn't be the basis of my choice. I've ridden without it for many years and I'm alive.

Back
Top Bottom